Senior Data Services Analyst
Candid · Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Washington D.C.; or Williamsburg, VA)
Candid is seeking a Senior Data Services Analyst eager to solve our customer’s complex data needs whilst on a mission to influence social sector change. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of designing and implementing data solutions using modern technologies.
POSITION: Senior Data Services Analyst
LOCATION: Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Washington D.C.; or Williamsburg, VA)
Leveraging over 20 years of nonprofit data, this position provides a continuous stream of valuable data services and insights about the sector to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders every day.
As a member of Candid’s Data Services team you will:
- See data as fun and interesting and you bring a spirit of inquiry to your work each day
- Enjoy being a member of a collaborative team that works together to achieve shared goals
- Have a strong aptitude for learning new techniques for analysis and visualization of data
- Enjoy working with a wide variety of stakeholders – to understand their needs and consult with them on the ways our data can help meet those needs
- Bring high standards and a process improvement mind-set to your work and to the team - helping us to develop more efficient, effective and value-add -solutions every day
- Deliver Custom One-time and Managed Datasets - working with the sales team to scope client needs, consulting on the generation of sales estimates, client communication, design, documentation and delivery of the custom data extracts, and post-delivery client support
- Serving as a subject matter expert for data related questions from clients and internal stakeholders.
- Bringing expertise in building and maintaining high-quality reporting and analysis solutions to
- Leading technical efforts with the Data Services team to increase organizational efficiencies through the design, implementation and use of standards and automated processes wherever possible.
- Designing, building, and maintaining technical frameworks for our team – enabling us to develop and deliver consistent, high-quality data sets quickly.
- Maintaining and managing the backlog of data and process improvement opportunities needed to advance our program and offerings
- Partnering with Director in development and assessment of new data product ideas.
- Providing technical leadership/oversight for interns and junior staff as needed.
- Taking on special projects as assigned.
- Detail-oriented yet “big picture” in approach to assignments.
- Ability to quickly become versed in the definitions and meaning of Candid’s data
- Experience in receiving and interpreting requests for and questions about data and the ability to think through how to leverage the data at hand to meet the stakeholder need
- Ability to apply various mathematical calculations and statistical techniques to datasets
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of data into digestible and actionable packages
- Ability to draft recommendations and lead efforts to address internal technical improvement opportunities for the team
- Demonstrated ability to write advanced SQL working against large relational databases – Transact SQL experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft and BI Technologies – such as SharePoint, Excel PowerPivot, PowerBI/Tableau, SQL Server Management Studio, and SQL Reporting Services tools or other like tools
- Proficient in using SQL Server Integration Services and version control tools, including Azure DevOps, to build, maintain and execute large, repeated data extracts
- Experience using CRM systems to track client related interactions
- Demonstrated ability to establish and to follow technical standards
- Experience helping a team to develop automated processes to enhance efficiency and consistency of work products
- Ability to manipulate, package, visualize, present and deliver information to different audiences at an intermediate to advanced level using Excel, PowerBI/Tableau and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to write R, Python and related languages
- Experience building reporting data models
Communication, Collaboration, and Customer orientation:
- Strong listener - able to take in and understand and respond to the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders with differing levels of technical and/or non-profit knowledge
- Able to 'translate' business needs to more technically oriented teammates and convey more technical information in business-friendly terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Professional and polished in communications of all types
- Comfortable reaching out to solve problems and enjoys working cross-team
- Partners with the sales team to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Brings a sense of urgency to customer engagements
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Knowledge of Non-profit Data or the non-profit sector is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in technical subject, business, economics, math, accounting, or similar subjects with demonstrated successful completion of quantitative and database related courses or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Works comfortably and competently under minimal supervision.
- Certifications in Excel PowerPivot, SQL, SSIS or common BI tools would be preferred
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid's vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject line: "Senior Data Services Analyst - Tech Jobs For Good)". Your application will only be considered if all instructions are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants, we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.