QA Analyst - Entry Level
Zearn · Remote
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Our instructional materials – including 400+ hours of digital math learning – are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst who is passionate about solving complex problems and working with a team dedicated to ensuring delightful experiences for all users. As a member of our QA team, you’ll work collaboratively with other QA analysts and software engineers to test new features to improve both student-facing and admin-facing experiences across Zearn. You’ll have a keen eye for detail, a sensitivity towards UX principles, and an excellent ability to communicate areas for improvement.
A Quality Assurance Analyst at Zearn works closely with the Development, Design, and Product teams to complete the thorough testing of all new features and products we build. Our responsibilities include cultivating and maintaining a deep understanding of our products and the cross-team intricacies between each. As a QA Analyst, you’ll have a unique perspective into all of the work done at Zearn and get the opportunity to wear many different hats. We champion our users and ensure that anything we build meets high standards for accessibility, usability, and educational merit. QA Analysts maintain a high level of agency over their own work and have direct input on our builds from development all the way through release.
What This Role Will Do:
- Ensure all newly developed features meet requirements for functionality, performance, reliability, accessibility, stability and compatibility across devices and browsers
- Understand product requirements, including wireframes and designs, to ensure effective QA of deliverables
- Plan, create, and execute end-to-end test cases for new builds
- Find and report product usability issues, defects, and incompatibilities with detailed, accurate, and concise steps to reproduce
- Work in parallel with development team in testing new features across the site
- Become an expert on Zearn’s student, teacher, and admin experiences
- Assist in preparation for our weekly release
- Update Zearn’s QA test content to reflect a comprehensive set of features and content use cases
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of issues raised through Zearn Support
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- 1-3 Years of work experience (education, technology, project management, consulting, or similar discipline)
- A ‘QA’ mindset (an intense attention to detail and willingness to track down and solve complicated problems)
- An eye for detail, and UX sensibility to catch non-technical UX issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to take ownership of projects from planning through execution
- A desire to collaborate on a diverse team and learn new tools and techniques
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- The willingness to comply with Zearn's vaccination (subject to legally valid exemptions) and Personal Protective Equipment policies
Bonus Points For:
Prior experience working in Quality Assurance is a plus, but not required.
This role is remote, but you may be asked to travel as needed for business or for team building purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected salary for this role is $70,000.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, a generous Holiday policy and a flexible PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.