Full Stack Developer
Zearn · Remote
Who We Are:
We are Zearn, and we are on a mission to ensure that all children love and learn math!
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. We support teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation.
Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid. Learn more about us at www.Zearn.org.
What This Role Will Do:
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You'll be working on building out new features across the stack to improve our top-rated math curriculum and create tools for educators. You'll collaborate with our small team of engineers and product people and you'll have the opportunity to make a big impact in helping us achieve our goal of Numeracy for All.
We work with Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, and PostgreSQL. Experience with these is a plus, but we are more interested in general familiarity with working on various parts of a large and complex web application.
What You Will Bring:
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js, etc.
- Experience making great products
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- The willingness to comply with Zearn's vaccination (subject to legally valid exemptions) and Personal Protective Equipment policies
Bonus points for:
- Experience with test-driven development or continuous delivery
- A code sample (or a link to an open source contribution) for us to review
- An interest in working on site a few days a week in New York City when the office reopens in 2022
This role is remote, but you may be asked to travel to our New York City office periodically for team building when it reopens.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.