Senior Business Systems Analyst
Energy Solutions · Oakland, Orange, Boston, NYC - Remote eligible.
Do you want to have an active voice in shaping the nation’s energy future? At Energy Solutions we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. Our turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable distributed energy resources; promote market development for beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national levels.
We are currently seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our Information Systems team to liaison with our business counterparts and drive product development and implementation of our key, critical software platform. You will bring strong analytical strength and solid communication skills to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to define and support the development of software projects and platforms in partnership with our software development team. This position is perfect for individuals who have strong skills in communicating complex technical ideas into simple business language and can influence the decisions from the business as well as from engineers.
Persons filling this position can choose to work from either our Northern California office in Oakland, our Southern California office in Orange, our Boston, Massachusetts office or our East coast office in New York City. We will also consider remote candidates in other parts of the United States as well.
**As a part of your application submission, please attach technical writing samples.
- Lead the process of collaboration with internal and external business stakeholders to clearly define the needs of the business
- Participate and lead product prototyping and proof of concepts
- Own the product backlog and prioritization of functional enhancements and prepare well-documented functional specifications and workflows for assigned projects
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvements based on industry trends, business knowledge and software architecture
- Research analysis for complex business flows and apply problem solving skills to ensure the functional design is signed off and accurate
- Meet with business stakeholders to discuss application functionality related to enterprise-wide or specific program initiative due to contractual agreements
- Conduct or participate in meetings to identify requirements in how an application looks and feels to the end-user and provide feedback to clients to ensure technology application supports the internal/external customer needs
- Coordinate and provide estimates for complex projects or assigned components
- Communicate status and results of product development efforts across the organization
- Own and refine user stories and epics in Jira
- Mentor junior Business Systems Analysts as needed
- Work with software developers and participate in the software release process
- Serve as test coordinator with QA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e., meeting minutes, emails, follow-up etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or Computer Science or other engineering degree and 7-10 years business analysis experience
- Experience working in Agile software development life cycle.
- Good technical analyst skills translating business needs into technical specifications
- Strong communication skills – especially adept at communicating effectively between non-technical users and technical software developers
- Energy related professional experience is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We participate in E-Verify. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and two weeks must have passed since receiving the final dose before you will be able to work from our offices