Senior Software Project Manager
Energy Solutions · Oakland, Orange, Boston, NYC - Remote eligible.
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With 100+ staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated individual to make an impact on the health of our planet.
Energy Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Software Project Manager. Your ideal workday involves collaborating closely with your team, contributing your own ideas in collaboration with the team to improve our products, and absorbing new skills to improve your technical prowess. You value colleagues who practice open communication and responsible task ownership. You get excited by a challenging task and bring your creativity and experience to the table to solve it. You are excited by the prospect of leading project teams through a time of major growth and change. You love looking for ways to evolve and improve processes and workflows and have experience bringing your team along with you when you implement new things. You enjoy teaching people how to work with you and your team.
Persons filling this position can choose to work from either our Northern California office in Oakland, or one of our satellite offices or remote. This team works in Pacific Time.
As part of this team, you will:
- Collaborate with internal client teams and technical staff to help document and support implementation of custom software systems
- Manage software project development in a highly matrixed environment
- Manage multiple project plans and timelines, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Manage software tickets and workflow in Jira
- Coordinate with clients and Product Owners to prioritize work within a project and manage resources.
- Run engineering and estimation meetings, standups
- Compile documentation of program development and subsequent revisions
- Support core Project team goals to improve our internal documentation and training materials as our team continues to grow.
- Assist the Senior Manager with designing and rolling out process improvements across the IS department.
- Self-manage time and work independently as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years of experience in general project and client management. At least five years of experience with software projects.
- Agile frameworks (Scrum or Kanban)
- Jira or similar ticket management software
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Client management
- Energy efficiency/renewable energy domain a plus.
Salary range 105k-130k DOE
Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, employer 401K contributions, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). To apply please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE.