Manager of UX Design
Helm · Remote - Nationwide
Helm is a team of scientists, designers, engineers, and campaigners with a mission to power civic participation for a more equitable future. Building and sustaining issue-focused movements means meeting communities where they are. And that requires data on people's behaviors, motivations, and environments – not just partisanship or surface-level characteristics. Helm is working with issue advocates and community organizers to equip them with the data and tools they need to mobilize their communities even more effectively.
We are a growing team that values empathy, curiosity, diversity, transparency, and empowerment. So if you're highly motivated and passionate about increasing civic engagement, we encourage you to apply.
As Helm’s Manager of UX Design, you will play a pivotal role in realizing our ambitious vision for a growing portfolio of products ranging from enterprise software tools to mobile apps. You’ll own your own design work on our core products, help us develop and standardize company-wide design systems, and help market our products.
As both a team player and a coach, you’ll dive into the weeds wherever needed across design team work and lend a hand to other teams when necessary. You’ll help our design team understand the business and product context, constraints, and requirements so they can focus on what drives the most impact. You’ll help make the tough calls between innovating to unlock new value and iterating on prior learnings to not reinvent the wheel.
This is a full-time position reporting to our VP of Product and leading a close-knit group of Product Designers. Helm is a remote-first company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Effectively and empathically lead a team of designers, balancing capacity across active product initiatives and company-wide needs
- Make the difficult judgment calls on prioritization, leveraging 80-20 thinking to identify necessary levels of fidelity and points of diminishing returns – helping keep the team laser-focused on the most critical initiatives that demand attention
- Develop Helm’s design strategy to integrate multiple product lines into a unified platform through visual design, user experience design, and product branding
- Oversee the iterative development of design systems that will stand the test of time – help us level-up on design operations and best practices, integrated across product verticals
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to develop and iterate on a global pattern/component library that balances speed and creativity, driving consistency and reusability throughout our suite of products
- Collaborate with designers on each product vertical to ensure that we’re keeping the big picture in mind – be the external eye that sees the forest, less distracted by the trees
- Develop and iterate on sales and marketing assets when necessary
- Mentor and empower team members to help them reach their career goals, identifying opportunities to tailor responsibilities, assignments, and training to the areas where each individual is most interested in learning and growing
Skills you should have:
- Demonstrable experience designing complex, live, technical products on teams using Agile software development methodologies
- An ability to distill priorities in the midst of valid, competing perspectives – and guide a team to focus and think creatively about how to get development teams what they need
- Strong understanding of desktop and mobile design principles, including best practices and inclusive design that consider holistic user experience
- A strong commitment to data-driven decision making: welcoming both qualitative and quantitative data on the impact of our products to enrich the iterative design process
- Technical skills in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A bias for action and an entrepreneurial, proactive mindset: the ability to thrive working in fast-paced climates (e.g. startup or similar)
- The desire to grow as a leader and a manager
- Passion for civic engagement and equitability
Skills you could have:
- Previous startup experience, or experience managing a small team
- Design expertise in data visualization and communication, especially in the context of civic/political or survey/polling data
- An understanding of product psychology, behavioral science, and/or HCI
- Experience with visual identity branding
- Experience building CRMs or civic organizing products – or experience working with the political campaigns or advocacy organizations that use them
We know that the best candidates don't always check every box in a job description. Please apply if you are eager to grow professionally and develop your skills!
Helm prioritizes hiring and retaining talent that is passionate about our mission to power civic participation for a more equitable future. In support of that mission, we value diverse perspectives and career experience and prioritize equal pay. We base compensation for most positions on the current market value for those roles in the technology, politics, and advocacy sectors.
The minimum annual base salary for this position is $120,000, commensurate with experience. Helm offers a robust benefits package in addition to salary.
Helm is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of representation across all spectrums in its hiring. This includes, but is not limited to: race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, educational background, political affiliation, or any other protected class.
That being said, we are a small company and therefore unable to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time.