UX/UI and Graphic Designer
eighty2degrees · Remote (USA)
UX/UI & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
We are seeking a UX/UI and graphic designer who can think outside the box and tackle creative challenges in innovative ways. Candidates must have solid website and publication design experience and be able to move fluidly between them. Candidates should also be passionate about creating meaningful social impact through design. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office — we are currently on a hybrid schedule working in-person together two days a week and remote three days a week.
We are a social impact design and branding studio that partners mainly with non-profit clients. We are a minority, women-led studio that provides creative support to local, national, and global organizations striving to create a more equitable and just world. Our culture is one where our personal life values and professional goals align and where “work” is something we truly care about and have fun doing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Synthesize user feedback, site analytics, and site/content audits to understand client and user challenges in order to develop the best UX possible.
- Design wireframes and mockups for modern, user-friendly websites that address the findings of our discovery process and follow industry best practices for UX and visual design.
- Effectively communicate user journeys to clients to help them understand how the design solution addresses the problem(s)
Branding & Collateral Design
- Think critically about project objectives and always take stakeholder feedback into consideration when coming up with design solutions.
- Conceptualize and execute creative solutions that communicate the client’s brand and messaging for a wide variety of collateral, including print and digital ads, publications, presentations, environmental graphics, infographics, and social media tiles.
- Develop unique visual identities for social impact organizations with multifaceted missions and diverse audiences. Specific tasks in this area include:
- stakeholder research/synthesis
- logo design
- brand system design
- brand implementation across organizational collateral (templates, marketing collateral)
- Present design concepts at client meetings in a clear, concise, and articulate manner, and actively participate in discussions.
- Work efficiently and manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are met and work is completed within the hours allocated.
- Contribute positively to the team and strive for excellence in yourself and the team — help us build a respectful and supportive culture.
- Be dedicated to creating excellent work, maintaining a sense of curiosity, and possessing a willingness to learn and grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related field, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in both print and digital design with an advertising or creative agency.
- Beautiful portfolio containing projects that demonstrate strong website design, print design, campaign/advertising design, and branding. Projects must demonstrate design thinking and execution from concept to delivery.
- Web and user (UX) design experience is required, with a strong understanding of human-centered design and the ability to balance this with technical and/or software limitations. Proficiency with Figma is a plus.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects).
- A demonstrated passion for making a positive social impact through design.
- Excellent time-management skills, and an ability to juggle several projects with varying and sometimes challenging timelines.
- A curious mind, interested in keeping up to date with changing trends, technologies, and user behavior.
Your talent and ideas will be valued, and brought to the table. Internal critique is a constant in our studio. We’re always striving to learn from each other and to produce the best work possible. We provide a nurturing environment, along with a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 14 Paid Holidays per year + week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 12 Days of Paid Vacation per year + 6 Days of Paid Personal/Sick Days per year
- DC Paid Family Leave (if/when necessary)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- $1,000 Annual Professional Development Stipend / Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (company matched up to 4%)
A relocation stipend is also available, for those applying from outside the DC Metro area.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and links to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile to: [email protected].
Eighty2degrees values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Eighty2degrees is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. We believe people thrive when the diversity and uniqueness of all people and all (nonviolent) ideas are respected, encouraged, and honored.