Omnidian · Seattle, WA/Remote (USA)
Clean EnergyPosted 2 weeks ago
Omnidian is building a more sustainable future for the planet. We assure that IoT-enabled distributed energy assets perform at their best through our passionate teams, our innovative technology, and by creating an amazing customer experience. We're a well-funded, growth-stage company offering the potential for enormous impact, both on our products and on the world.
We are headquartered in Seattle, and are a remote first organization.
The role of every engineer at Omnidian is to understand our customers, our business model, technology and how to use it, then collaborate with the team to produce business results. The job requires collaboration, independent thinking, good communication skills, self-motivation, and a desire to learn. As part of a small team in a technology-backed startup, there is lots of opportunity for major impact.
What You'll Do
- Develop and deploy solutions independently and as a team member
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of our customers
- Participate in design efforts and discussions
- Review requirements, software designs, and code
- Own the quality of the deliverables
- Explore new technologies and build highly reliable software to meet the needs of our customers
Who You Are
- You have 3 to 5 years experience in software development
- You want to deliver software that results in business impact
- You have experience delivering quality software in a timely manner
- You enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You are committed to excellence and integrity
- You have a growth-oriented mindset
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus, but not required:
- Full-stack development
- Distributed/parallel computing
- Asynchronous message processing
- Service-oriented architecture
- AWS (or equivalent)
- Big data
- Time-series data
- Based in the heart of Seattle, Washington, Omnidian offers a vibrant and creative work-space within walking distance from great restaurants, bus stops and the Seattle Ferry Terminal
- We provide outstanding benefits that we are continually improving upon including family medical, dental, vision, disability, parental leave, Orca transit card, self managed time off and 401(k)
- Dog-friendly and bike-friendly
- The best team you will ever work with!
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture, reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.