Data Analyst, Marketplace (Ads)
Propel · US Remote
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited income. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
As a Data Analyst focused on our Marketplace Team, you’ll play a key role in connecting our users with services and products that improve their lives. You’ll become the eyes and ear of the organization, conducting data driven investigations that will drive both the development of our product as well as our business. Your analysis will help our users find healthcare, register to vote, and launch new careers.
You’ll also play a crucial role in fostering a data and experimentation-driven culture at Propel. You’ll make our teams more effective by collaborating cross-functionally to ensure the data we need is organized, clean, and reliable, and work closely with our operations team to build the data-driven tools they need to work efficiently.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- A remote-first working environment with an HQ in Brooklyn and satellite offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City.
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $140,000 depending on experience. Equity and excellent benefits come with this position as well!
What you’ll do
- Partner with product, operations, engineering, and other partners to provide compelling insights and recommendations from data
- Build queries and dashboards to create more insight into our operational and product health across the company
- Collaborate with design and research to provide a quantitative lens on our understanding of our users across a variety of topics, ranging from the impact of Covid to their use of financial products
- Define metrics that we should be tracking and take ownership over ensuring the right data to power these metrics is clean, available, and well structured by managing database design
What you have
- Solid skills in SQL
- Ability to tell a story with data, whether that’s in graphs, dashboards, reports, or presentations.
- Superb communication skills with the ability to synthesize and distill information into the right takeaways for different audiences
- Superb attention to detail to make sure our data is clean and accurate
- Experience being self-directed in a fast paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with data engineering tools, such as dbt, Fivetran, Snowflake, Airflow, or similar tools
- Familiarity with A/B testing, experimentation, and statistical analysis
- Exposure to Python or R and data science programming packages