Software Engineer ( All Levels)
Ambrook · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Food & AgriculturePosted 3 weeks ago
Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
We started Ambrook (ambrook.com) with a mission to help farmers become more profitable and more sustainable. There is a virtuous cycle between profitability and sustainability in many natural resource industries, especially agriculture. Better soil health, water conservation, and climate resilience often leads to lower costs, increased yields, and price premiums for crops or livestock in the market. To reduce the upfront cost and knowledge barriers to implementing these practices, we are tackling an overlooked part of the operation: back office paperwork and financials. There’s tremendous room for improvement on existing software and time-consuming paperwork shuffling in the farm back office. Over time, we’ll expand beyond agriculture to drive sustainable practices in other natural resource industries: fisheries, forestry, water, energy, mining, and more.
We’re a Series A startup backed by top investors (Thrive Capital, Homebrew, Designer Fund, BoxGroup, and more) and are looking for mission- and values-aligned individuals to join our fully remote founding team.
Learn more about our mission and what it’s like to work with us.
Ambrook is building a world-class team. As one of our first Ambrook engineers, you’ll help drive our technical decisions and influence our product direction for years to come, with the goal of making agriculture more sustainable and profitable.
You’ll report directly to Ambrook’s co-founder and eng lead, Dan Schlosser.
- Ship new product work daily that is used by farmers and ranchers across the country, implementing end-to-end features in our Typescript / Next.js application.
- Embed yourself deeply in understanding farmers and ranchers, building a strong intuition about customer needs.
- Break down projects into granular pieces and practice good project management hygiene for your projects, triaging and prioritizing new issues that come in.
- Help manage our server infrastructure, databases, and CI/CD tooling.
- Contribute to and improve data analysis pipeline, including export, transformation, and dashboarding.
- Build out new dashboards and support existing ops tooling in Retool.
- Improve the quality of our documentation, integration and unit testing, and shared components library.
- Ensure strong user data hygiene, operational security, and privacy practices.
- Strong engineering and coding skills.
- Experience shipping web applications.
- Excited to build software that makes natural resource industries like agriculture more sustainable and profitable.
- Excited to take on ambiguous problems and find elegant technical solutions
- Experience in agriculture
- Experience building financial products
- Experience with Typescript, React, Next.js, and/or Google Cloud
Our Tech Stack
- Next.js / React application written in Typescript
- Hosted on Google Cloud
- Firestore & Google Cloud Storage for data storage
- BigQuery & Data Studio for data insights
- Real Talk – We create space for ourselves and others to be straightforward, vulnerable, and accountable.
- Reach Understanding – We are driven by curiosity and empathy to learn about our customers, team, and world.
- Be Proactively Resourceful – We are internally motivated and externally empowered to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Derisk Thoughtfully – We lean into the biggest risks we face as a company and put in the work to address them systematically.
- Find the Positive-Sum – We believe in creating incentive structures that align the needs of our company, our customers, and our planet.
Ambrook is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building diversity and inclusion into our core company culture.
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours and vacation time
- Work-from-home/remote office stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development stipend