Arabella Advisors · Durham, NC
Data + Analytics
Partners & AdvocatesPosted 6 days ago
Enterprise Architect, IT (Durham, NC, Washington, DC, or Chicago, IL)
An experienced enterprise and integration architect equally comfortable with Salesforce (including Experience Cloud) and Microsoft Azure Low-code solutions development.
This person will be responsible for the Enterprise Architecture Vision overseeing and growing architecture and integrations capabilities to match the rapid growth of the firm. This role will step in as an enterprise architect on several high-impact projects in various stages of development and adoption. An ideal candidate for this role is a strong leader who has both built solutions in Azure and Salesforce --AND-- used the Azure stack to integrate Salesforce with other platforms and data sources.
- Connect and optimize our increasingly diverse technology platforms, while matching business need to the best technology, to deliver a cohesive digital experience to our users
- Lead software technology centers of excellence in realizing architectural vision and design while coordinating with project management office (PMO), infrastructure, client service, and security teams to ensure alignment to overall technology strategy
- Provide architectural expertise to the firm's high-impact technology projects
- Manage Azure and Apex developers as direct reports
- Own standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices around Application Development and DevOps
- Align outsourced teams and developers to enterprise architecture vision through oversight and technical documentation
- Leverage network and developer communities to identify and adopt latest technologies that will keep Arabella at the innovation horizon of operational excellence
- Mentor all levels of technologists on best practices, professional development paths, and architectural concepts
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in leading Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Experience with both Salesforce EA methodology and Microsoft Azure low-code (or .Net) application and integration architectures (including Power Apps, Power Automate, and Dataverse, among others)
- Experience with Salesforce.org Nonprofit Cloud
- Ability to serve as a team leader and help team members assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Ability to develop and refine technology roadmaps to align with budget constraints and available talent
- Ability to be hands-on when required
- Knowledge of integrating an enterprise grade ERP into a Salesforce/Microsoft solutions portfolio
- Web design and/or user experience training a plus
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively guide teams to achieve service standards and carry out strategy, and identify service offering gaps and recommend and/or drive improvements.
- The ability to manage resources across team to ensure projects and goals are achieved, approve work plan changes and final deliverables, and communicate projects’ progress with critical stakeholders
- The ability to establish and manage effective relationships with diverse stakeholders across the firm, including executive-level colleagues, and to foster a culture of courteous professional interactions
- The ability to effectively communicate critical firm-wide messages, and to lead others in managing challenging conversations and developing complex communication skills
- The ability to model and foster a team-wide culture of inclusion, collaboration, and knowledge sharing; to demonstrate and model appreciation for significant team contributions; and to mediate challenging interpersonal conflicts
- The ability to regularly engage in leadership development activities, and lead firm-wide initiatives that improve firm-wide learning
- The ability to foster a team culture that encourages creative problem solving, and to ensure teams have resources and training to overcome complex challenges
- The ability to take initiative for creating an inclusive environment and model and implement equitable policies, practices, systems, or strategies
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography.
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
Working with Us
While this position must be based in Durham, NC, Washington, DC, or Chicago, IL, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we continue to temporarily work in a remote environment.
We are reopened with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. It is our expectation that once we reopen, Arabellans will generally work at least 1-2 days a week in the office, or more if they prefer, and the remaining days at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Arabella Advisors requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.