Win Win Network · Remote (USA)
About Win|WinWin|Win is the convergence point of a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic equity across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires people; where individuals engage because they see themselves and their values reflected across our democracy. Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and individual technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are a small but mighty team that takes pride in building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We are a 100% remote workplace with a 4-day workweek most of the year. We strive to create team and shared experience regularly. We appreciate the skills and community and partnership that each of us brings to the table.
In short, we strive to create a big impact on the political and civic landscape in Washington while making sure we have fun along the way. If you would like to be a part of that and have the right skill set for this role, please apply!
The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, training, and technical assistance in order to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. The Data Associate will be part of our Program Team and is supervised by the Program and Data Director. While this is a 100% remote position, candidates must be located in the United States, and hiring preference will be given to those within Washington State.
Core Responsibilities of the Role
- Administer VAN (Voter Activation Network) for partner organizations and their consultants. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Some examples of VAN work include, but are not limited to, creating lists, creating survey questions and activist codes, creating scripts, setting up phone banks, bulk uploading data, etc.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Support our Win|Win Network partner organizations in the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools, and assist them in assessing and implementing data integration into programs.
- Host virtual or in person training in VAN basics for our network partners
- Improve network partners’ data through list matching and providing training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Participate in regular national data calls with State Voices and America Votes, and support national efforts to maintain and strengthen state and national data systems.
- Pull voter data lists and compile other reports and resources to support partner efforts
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
- Strong understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least two campaign cycles (12-18 months) using the VAN (Voter Activation Network).
- SQL script writing ability and background would be a big plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure - ensuring details are accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people possessing different skill levels.
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors.
- Experience working in coalition with partners, or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
- A willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further our mission.
- Facilitation skillset to train and present data to partners in an accessible manner.
- Background in 501(c)(3) / 501(c)(4) work - civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy.
- Working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets.
- Experience with ThruText / Hustle texting platforms.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $55,000-$61,500 based on experience. Win|Win is a 100% remote workplace with a 4-day work week most of the year. This position is full time exempt and salaried, requiring a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours. (including on-call nights and weekends during peak periods of the campaign season).
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays + the week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Career Development, wellbeing, and cell phone/internet allowances are expended. Anticipated Start Date: Preferred start date for this position is August 22, 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
To Apply: Please submit resume and a cover letter here. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by July 22, 2022.
Win|Win believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, ability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.