NetSuite ERP Systems Specialist
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank · Duquesne, PA
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
At the Food Bank, we are activating the power of the community to achieve lasting solutions to hunger and its root causes. Modern, efficient systems, and the information flowing from those are important tools in that mission. The NetSuite ERP Systems Specialist is a central figure helping the Food Bank apply the full force of our ERP system against our mission. The ERP Systems Specialist is responsible for our NetSuite, Waerlinx and integrated enterprise resource planning systems. This is a hands-on technical position that requires a strong understanding of business modelling, technical systems, and the interaction of those systems with Finance and Operations. This role will partner across the organization to improve our ERP environment, enable decision support, perform ongoing maintenance, and lead continuous service improvements.
Project Management and Coordination
- Engage with internal and external teams on the implementation of a new best-in-class ERP environment and business processes.
- Work with technical consultants to design, develop, test and deploy solutions using the NetSuite standard tools
- Manage enhancement and feature requests, by documenting requirements, prioritizing, and assigning work within the team and external vendor resources
- Identify, monitor, and communicate project risks and issues to relevant business and technical stakeholders
- Create end user training materials and deliver end user training for the organization’s implementation of the NetSuite platform
Business Improvements and Enhancements
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical resources to provide solutions through the NetSuite/Waerlinx platform.
- Collaborate with users to document business requirements and design innovative solutions to better understand where organizational value can be optimized
- Manage, document, and configure system workflows, scripts, specific fields/forms, records, searches, reports, and integrations with third party applications/database
- Develop procedures to ensure ongoing data integrity across all systems
- Ensure that integrations between systems are functioning as expected
- Work across the organization to design and create reports and dashboards that deliver the data determined useful as KPIs for functional roles
- Support end user request for new saved searches, reports, KPIs and dashboards, and support our analytics team members in those same area
- Take ownership of all technical aspects of pro-actively administering ERP systems use, while ensuring process compliance
- Troubleshoot and resolve ERP-related issues including, but not limited to, system performance, user permissions and error messages
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NetSuite functionality, customization, and integration best practices
- Configure, maintain and upgrade NetSuite to meet daily operational needs and support strategic projects
- Assist with debugging system integration and functionality issues
- Provide ongoing ERP training for users Administration
- 3+ years’ experience working with NetSuite
- 6-10+ years in general ERP administration and technical support experience
- NetSuite Certified Administrator or similar Cloud ERP certification
- Project effort estimation skills related to NetSuite configuration and customization
- General knowledge of technical areas such as Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (SOAP and Restful), SQL, Design Patterns, Data Architecture
- Good working knowledge of general accounting and common business processes
- General knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle, quality assurance, user experience design
- Experience with logistics, supply chain and distribution experience
- Results-orientated and a creative thinker
- Passion for the Food Bank’s mission in activating the power of community to achieve lasting solutions to hunger and its root causes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate and communicate complex technical information to a diverse audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft technologies, including advanced Excel skills
- Ability to obtain clearance of background investigation (Act 33 and 34).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.