User Interface Designer
Green River · Remote
Green River is looking for someone to join our team of designers and engineers to help craft effective software solutions. We especially seek candidates committed to public health, school improvement, environmental protection, and social justice.
The User Interface Designer will work with our UX design, visual design, and engineering teams to help develop highly usable software based on the needs of users.
We’re looking for a team member who will:
- Create wireframes and prototypes of user interface screens to gather feedback, test and validate design decisions, and provide development specifications.
- Maintain design systems, patterns, and specification documentation for complex web applications.
- Design data visualizations.
- Provide detailed implementation instructions for engineers, including user-based rationale for functionality.
- Iterate on and expand design assets and patterns to accommodate new features within existing software.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) testing for fidelity to design intent.
- Lead demos for clients; provide testing suggestions and timeframes for client QA.
A successful candidate will likely have experience in:
- Creating wireframes, mock-ups, and data visualizations.
- Designing for accessibility.
- Creating design systems or pattern libraries.
- Facility with Figma (and/or Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar)
- Integrating design into agile or lean product development processes.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and engineers to define business problems and prototype solutions.
- Distributed collaboration, including remote ideation on ux design.
Incorporated in 2000, Green River is a custom web application development firm with a strong engineering focus and dedication to “software and analytics for a better world.” Our projects entail developing complex, scalable algorithms and well-designed, responsive user interfaces, and our clients include non-profits, for-profit corporations, municipalities, county government, and state agencies. We believe in our clients’ work and are committed to being good partners in their success.
Green River fosters a collaborative atmosphere and values a workplace where we can learn and laugh together. We have exceptionally long-term relationships with our staff, and with our clients. We are a fully remote, distributed company, with a small office space and mailing address in Brattleboro, Vermont.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance coverage, six weeks paid time off, and retirement benefits.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and résumé, including links to recent work and a description of your role in that work, via the online application.