Citizen Data · Remote
Citizen Data seeks a highly organized and entrepreneurial Data Engineer to manage Citizen Data’s growing cloud database and infrastructure, aggregate and process big and disparate datasets, and optimize performance to ensure analytics are accurate and available on-demand.
The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud architecture or data engineering experience as well as strong data manipulation and data analysis skills. The Data Engineer collaborates with Citizen Data Analysts and Scientists to help manage and organize Citizen’s databases and to prepare, clean, and generate insights from incoming and existing data.
The Data Engineer will be an early, founding member of the Citizen product capability, and will be expected to contribute at a strategic level as much as a technical one.
Citizen is a remote company, and we are happy to consider candidates nationwide for this position.
- Ingest, organize and clean first-party, research, and external datasets
- Oversee and grow Citizen’s database built on AWS cloud infrastructure, including access control and governance
- Innovate data management solutions that help Citizen grow and scale
- Manage and integrate API-based data streams to our existing storage infrastructure
- Monitor ETL scripts for errors and find areas for improvements
- Review new data processing, storage, and analysis tools to recommend to the broader team as Citizen pilots new products and methodologies
- Coordinate with Data Analysts and Scientists in weighting and preparation of proprietary research data for analysis, storage, modeling
- Fielding internal and external data requests and questions
- Perform various data science, analysis, and/or research tasks as needed
- 4-6 experience in a data-related role, preferably in cloud database engineering or management, or data cleansing/processing
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with data analysis packages in Python
- Proficiency and experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS or cloud computing services preferred
- Experience with R a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with a wide variety of data sources, including databases, public or private APIs and standard data formats a plus
- Experience working with voter and/or consumer data preferred
- A problem solver with great data intuition
- Extremely well-organized
- Competency in the application of G-Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to using data for the public interest