Voltaiq · Berkeley, CA
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
Voltaiq is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team that is responsible for the availability, scalability, and security of our platform. You will enable the development of scalable systems for data processing, storage, and access to support the data analysis activities of our customers and internal teams. You should enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on data and application engineering, continuous integration and continuous deployment in the fast-changing world of software delivery.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience shipping scalable infrastructure, and building tools that enable developers to build and ship products in an agile environment.
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS and scaling to 10x.
- Working experience building and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Comfortable with on-call and incident response duties.
- Familiarity with software packaging, release, dependency management, and versioning systems.
- Experience crafting and implementing security policies and IT integrations with large enterprises.
- Working knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Experience building applications in Python or other high-level languages.
- Experience with log and metric processing pipelines for monitoring and debugging.
- Understanding of file synchronization and the Linux file system.
- Experience administering and integrating with SSO providers.
- Comfortable taking on incidental tasks outside your area of expertise.
- Experience mentoring other junior team members.
- CS degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience building infrastructure in Azure or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. Our office is located in Berkeley, CA.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.