Blue Tiger · Remote
Blue Tiger is looking for a Software Engineer to join our talented team of technologists.
About Blue Tiger
Blue Tiger is a people-first, design-forward digital consultancy. We design organizations, build software, and craft experiences for the American people. We focus on using technology for missions that matter to us in today's world – climate change, healthcare, access to education, and many more! You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team of civic technologists excited about making an impact on how government serves citizens through technology.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex software systems
- Analyze a set of business requirements, break them into technical features and tasks and visualize how the different aspects of the system will come together through data structures, APIs, etc.
- Be a member of a cross-functional team with members including user experience professionals, product managers, engineers and other functional specialists
- Craft technical solutions across the entirety of a system, including UI development, API development and everything in between
- Adhere to lean-agile engineering principles
- Advocate for and use modern software engineering best practices such as API-first design, continuous integration, version control, and automated testing
- Analyze systems to identify technical debt, instability, unreliability, and other opportunities for improvement, and design, document, and communicate solutions
- Represent Blue Tiger's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of how to deliver application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, and performant
- Expertise in relational databases such as PostgreSQL or SQLServer
- Expertise creating and consuming APIs
- Expertise using version control systems such as GitHub
- Expertise setting up and using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Maven
- Ability to author developer-friendly documentation such as API documentation and deployment operations
- Proven ability to apply good software engineering principles and practices
- Ability to select and use the best tools for the job, particularly open-source solutions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical audiences
- Experience working within a scrum/agile development methodology and environment
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we still want to hear from you!
The annual salary range for this position is: $100,000 – $120,000
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Paid time off, including 25 vacation days, 12 federal holidays, and unlimited sick leave
- Bonuses for annual performance, business development, company growth, and referrals
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Remote work environment
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.