BlueLabs Analytics · Remote or Washington, DC
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, political campaigns, and businesses. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the team:
The BlueLabs Civic Technology practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to streamline operations, interact with citizens, and react to their biggest challenges. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data analytics systems that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team charged with intelligently improving the operations powering the policies and programs that Americans interact with on a daily basis. Our work builds the frameworks and infrastructure that allows agencies to deal with big public health challenges. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
About the role:
This tech strategist role connects technology, programs, analysis, and documentation to lead the documentation of a large scale Customer Relationship Management (CRM) project impacting the ability of individuals to access their health insurance. Our Program Manager will be an engineering-savvy team lead, with experience in analyzing, evaluating, and recommending systems for complex and public-facing purposes. This role will engage internal and external stakeholders, while leading a small but mighty tech team to project completion - a roadmap for choosing the right customer-relationship tools for CMS to use to interact with external stakeholders.
This position reports to the Senior Program Manager.
In this position you will:
- Manage the client relationship to ensure timely, accurate, and actionable deliverables
- Drive development and refinement of data strategy, design, and implementation of data infrastructure priorities with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Acutely and thoroughly understand program requirements and application systems
- Develop, analyze, and present an evaluation (metrics and KPIs) of current and potential systems and applications
- Write and produce technical documentation to advise and recommend viable program solutions
- Build meaningful connections with stakeholders that strengthen yours and BlueLabs’ relationships
- Advocate for and relay information about data resources that will help you and our client better address key questions
- Guide the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the team’s deliverables
- Maintain and prioritize a work product that is clear, concise, and trackable for our team and the client
- Such other reasonable tasks as may be assigned by management.
What we are seeking:
- Experience researching, recommending, building, consulting, and/or implementing tech stacks; product management experience, especially in a web application environment
- Exposure to engineering and data teams, work, outcomes, and projects sufficient to analyze, recommend, and write recommendations in a compelling, objective, and professional manner
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or business analysis
- Strong client management skills including the ability to successfully work within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to manage projects (ideally technology innovation) effectively while maintaining positive & respectful relationships
- Experience developing, managing, analyzing, and communicating metrics and KPIs
- Exceptional business writing skills for external clients (experience with white papers is helpful)
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, stakeholders, and priorities in an ever-evolving project
- Effective communication skills when working with team members of varied backgrounds, roles, and functions
- Passion in applying your skills to our social mission to problem-solve and collaborate within a cross-functional, client-facing team environment
- The ability to successfully attain and maintain a Federal Public Trust background investigation that our government clients require; this includes a requirement that the individual has U.S. Citizenship or U.S. residency for three of the past five years
What recruitment looks like:
We expect to onboard this position in October 2022. The successful candidate will complete up to three interviews (HR phone call, team/panel interview, and client meeting). During the interview process, you will be asked questions to describe your background and experience relevant to the position. This may include providing examples of projects you worked on, tools or applications you've used, and knowledge you have applied. We often look for explanations of "how or why" so it's helpful to have details ready.
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- Premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation leave
- Paid sick, personal, and volunteer leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 15 weeks paid parental leave
- Professional development stipend & tuition reimbursement
- Macbook Pro laptop & tech accessories
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) stipend for mobile device
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supportive & collaborative culture
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly (within the U.S.)
- Pre-tax transportation options for commuting to our office in Washington, DC
- Lunches and snacks
- And more!
The salary for this position is $95,000 annually.
While we have an office in Washington, DC, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify. EEO is the Law (Link to external DOL site)