Senior UX Researcher
Blue Tiger · United States (remote)
Blue Tiger is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our talented team of technologists.
For this role, you will directly support Veterans by helping to provide them better identity and access management solutions as they try to access critical Veteran services through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The current sign-in experience for Veterans and non-Veterans is confusing and faced with multiple pathways and credential options. These credential options are often insecure, non-compliant, have poor user experience, or are expensive. Blue Tiger is working with our partners and the VA to streamline ways for Veterans to access products and services.
About Blue Tiger
Blue Tiger is a people-first, design-forward digital consultancy. We design organizations, build software, and craft experiences for the American people. You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team of civic technologists excited about making an impact on how government serves citizens through technology.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strategy and apply service design techniques and concepts to challenges with a relentless focus on user needs
- Guide the direction of the service/product and continually advocate for users
- Propel understanding of and empathy for users, by running quantitative and qualitative user research initiatives and sharing findings with internal and external collaborators
- Drive research ideas from concept to production, from diagramming to drafting research plans to conducting user interviews
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary product teams and government staff to drive service-level changes to product direction
- Maintain organized, well-written documentation
- Clearly communicate research findings with internal and external collaborators
- Translate research findings into service/product design hypotheses and employ usability testing to validate those hypotheses
- Collaborate with others as part of a cross-functional team that includes user experience researchers and designers, product managers, engineers, and other functional specialists
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of five years of experience working as a service designer or researcher working with product teams within a professional working environment
- Experience with multiple research methodologies including moderated and unmoderated studies
- Experience mapping and driving systemic improvements within complex service environments
- Depth of experience in conducting, synthesizing, and communicating qualitative research
- Understanding of web and mobile user interface design best practices
- Relentlessly curious mindset, never satisfied with easy answers
- Equal parts systems thinker and advocate for users
- Someone who is highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short term vs. long term benefits
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with the internal team and external partners
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Someone who is highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly pick up new knowledge and absorb ecosystem dynamics and complexities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language, both verbally and via written documentation to non-technical individuals
- Proven record of balancing concurrent tasks, meeting deadlines and delivering quality results
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we highly encourage you to apply.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is: $150,000 - $180,000
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- 100% coverage of employee Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary with no vesting period
- Paid time off, including 25 vacation days, 12 federal holidays, and unlimited sick leave
- Bonuses for annual performance, business development, company growth, and referrals
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Remote work environment
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered Veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.