BlueLabs Analytics · Remote or Washington, DC
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, political campaigns, and businesses. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the team:
The BlueLabs Civic Technology practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to streamline operations, interact with citizens, and react to their biggest challenges. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data analytics systems that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team charged with intelligently improving the operations powering the policies and programs that hundreds of millions of Americans interact with on a daily basis. Our work builds the frameworks and infrastructure that allows agencies to deal with big public health challenges. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
About the role:
This position reports to the Senior Program Manager and is a hands-on program leader who will lead the functional area as part of a larger contract team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with disparate data and eager to drive analysis that leads to impactful outcomes. We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
The portfolio of work includes exploratory research from federal data sets, analysis of consumer interactions with the program, and helping the agency understand where there is untapped demand.
In this position you will:
- Serve as a strategic leader on the use of data analytics to create positive feedback loops and drive strong product management for a consumer-facing web application used by Medicare beneficiaries.
- Analyze Medicare data and use those analytical findings to drive actionable recommendations that improve the web product.
- Analyze data about web product utilization, such as identifying areas for improvement within conversion funnels, identifying and distinguishing user cohorts, etc.
- Develop short whitepapers, data visualizations, etc. to guide optimal organizational decision making at key moments.
- Define program-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and approaches for continually measuring them.
- Identify opportunities for the program to decrease health inequities and effectively communicate with a diverse audience.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in roles such such as engineers, product managers, or healthcare experts to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines
- Such other reasonable tasks as may be assigned by management.
What we are seeking:
- Experience as a mentor, or thought partner to your teammates, and leadership competencies in the following: empathy, active listening, coaching/feedback, integrity, decisiveness, and problem solving.
- The ability to apply a variety of skills: whether thinking strategically about how to develop an enduring process, digging deep into a complex data analysis, or putting yourself in the shoes of an end-user to answer a question they didn’t know they had - you’re comfortable thinking from a number of different perspectives.
- Advanced understanding of how to manipulate data using SQL and/or Python.
- Significant proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages (i.e. Python, Ruby or R) to systematically solve problems, and interest in learning new tools and techniques.
- The ability to communicate with partner stakeholders, anticipate their questions, interface with technical and non-technical audiences, and maintain objectivity in how you approach their unique challenges.
- This position requires that you successfully attain and maintain a Federal Public Trust background investigation that our government clients require. This includes a requirement that the individual has US Citizenship or US residency for three of the past five years.
What recruitment looks like:
We expect to onboard this position in late September 2022. The successful candidate will complete up to three interviews (HR phone call, team/panel interview, and client meeting). During the interview process, you will be asked questions to describe your background and experience relevant to the position. This may include providing examples of projects you worked on, tools or applications you've used, and knowledge you have applied. We often look for explanations of "how or why" so it's helpful to have details ready.
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- Premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation leave
- Paid sick, personal, and volunteer leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 15 weeks paid parental leave
- Professional development stipend & tuition reimbursement
- Macbook Pro laptop & tech accessories
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) stipend for mobile device
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supportive & collaborative culture
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly (within the U.S.)
- Pre-tax transportation options for commuting to our office in Washington, DC
- Lunches and snacks
- And more!
The salary for this position is $95,000 annually.
While we have an office in Washington, DC, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify. EEO is the Law (Link to external DOL site)