IT Infrastructure Engineer
Healthwise · Remote
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and operation of network and server infrastructures. This includes installation and support of hardware and software and participates in research and development of new technologies to continuously improve the IT business needs of the organization. They also participate in cross-functional projects in support of business productivity and IT security.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports IT infrastructure including network, server, and storage systems.
- Operates and maintains corporate IT infrastructure in accordance with HITRUST compliance framework via established policies and procedures.
- Supports, drives forward, and consolidates our Hyper-V/VMM virtualization environment, including Dell Storage Spaces Direct.
- Responsible for automated operating system patching of on-premises servers (WSUS, etc.)
- Creates and maintains network and system architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Provides analysis and root cause resolution of network and system infrastructure problems and outages.
- Partners with SecOps to drive forward datacenter hardware/virtualization/Windows Server/corporate network security Configures, tests, and maintains all network and system infrastructure changes.
- Responsible for ongoing backups of critical on-premises servers and data.
- Ensures high availability of on-premises datacenter.
- Provides recommendations for investment in new products and technology solutions.
- Delivers automation that drives manual effort out of common practices.
- Continuous improvement of processes and services of infrastructure hardware.
- Evaluates system designs, provides recommendations to improve performance, security, and functionality.
- Provides expertise, troubleshooting, and resolution on escalated incidents from the Service Desk team.
- Participates in regular on-call rotation and supports our on-premises datacenter.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Ability to work independently on IT infrastructure projects.
- Follow established procedures is a MUST.
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Virtualization cluster administration experience, Hyper-V/VMM/SCCM a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ Microsoft network and system infrastructure design and administration experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions certification preferred.
- Experience with implementing multi-tiered secured solutions for high availability, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Experience maintaining SAN and NAS (NFS/CIFS/ISCSI) storage technologies.
- Experience working with Active Directory, Exchange, and Azure.
- Current Cisco CCNA certifications a plus.
- Experience in LAN implementation and administration of firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches.
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes.
- Proven Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Position Pay: $105,000-$125,000, DOE (plus on-call compensation)
Position Benefits: Healthwise offers a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that includes, Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, HSA and FSA plans, domestic partner coverage, 401k and more. Coverage is effective the 1st of the month following your hire date.
In addition to generous time off programs including, sick, vacation and paid holidays, Healthwise operates on a 4-day work week and supports flexible, hybrid and remote work arrangements. To learn more, visit: www.healthwise.org/about.aspx
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily
with or without reasonable accommodation.
Healthwise is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request through one of the methods listed below:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Bogus Basin Road
Boise, ID 83702