Peer Health Exchange · Washington, DC/Remote (USA)
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that creates education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Since 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college students to deliver in-person health education to over 188,000 high school-aged young people in communities across the country. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we re-designed our in-person programming to be delivered virtually and partnered with high school students to understand their mental health needs. Following that collaboration, we launched our app selfsea.org for young people ages 13 – 18. In the past year, we’ve expanded from two in-person program models to five in-person and digital program offerings and we are continuing to grow! Our mission is critical, our team is diverse, and our work is vibrant. Check us out on TikTok (@peerhealthexchange)!
Learn more about our responsiveness and shift to digital in this article co-authored by our colleagues “Youths Know What They Need to Support Their Mental Health”!
About the role
As the Data Manager you will oversee the development and use of data systems within the organization. Additionally, you will provide analysis that will determine the data needs of organization and the most efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. You will report directly to Sr. Manager, Evaluation.
Here’s what you should know:
This is a full time, salaried position and can be located in any PHE locations listed above.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
Data Management & Reporting
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data using other software and tools for data analysis, visualization and interpretation
- Build reports, dashboards, objects, profiles and conduct data extraction when needed and at multiple levels
- Work with staff and teams to determine and build systems for data storage, collection, reporting and communication needs and translate them into application and operational requirements in efficient and accessible ways
Strategy & Systems Management
- Manage permissions, licenses and access for data systems, & software, such as Salesforce, Golden and Qualtrics
- Develop communication strategies and training plans for new system implementations and enhancements to existing systems
- Support staff in the daily use of data systems and develop plans to ensure user feedback is addressed
- Conduct capacity building and consultation activities to support staff and teams in implementing tools and systems to collect, store, access and use data for reporting, analysis
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management that ensure organizational data is available and meets integrity requirements
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Manage relationships with external partners responsible for the design, test and implementation of code-based enhancements to existing Salesforce system
- Support other Strategic Technology team work as necessary
- Engage and/or lead other projects as needed
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrates a strong passion for PHE’s vision of advancing health equity, mission to give teenagers the knowledge and skills needed to make healthy decisions, along with a strong alignment with PHE's core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency and Impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field plus 2 years of professional experience preferred OR 4+ years related professional experience
- 2 years Advanced end-user experience with Salesforce required (ability to build reports, dashboards, objects, list views, etc.).
- Intermediate/advanced skills with Excel (familiarity with v-lookup, etc.)
- Understanding of the common processes, best practices and challenges of managing data at a large scale
- Ability to build and maintain excellent, well-coordinated relationships with staff across organization to assess and prioritize needs
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively communicate/escalate crisis management protocols as needed
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce administrator credentials
- Experience working or volunteering at nonprofits
- Proficiency with Visio or similar process diagraming tool
- Vendor management experience, including vendor selection and relationship building
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience with business analysis and process improvement frameworks/methodologies preferred
- Proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent process design, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role.
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.