NationBuilder · Remote (USA)
At NationBuilder we create software for leaders. We work with advocacy groups, nonprofit organizations, political candidates and parties, community organizers, and anyone else trying to make something happen in the world. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from small town organizers trying to win their school board election, to the largest political parties, candidates, and NGOs around the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission, beliefs, and values.
We are seeking a product manager who is passionate about what our customers do and is excited to build products that will help them succeed. You will lead cross-functional teams by setting clear priorities, building solid processes, and facilitating co-creation. We are searching for people who are excellent listeners and clear communicators.
What you'll do:
- Own the product lifecycle from conception to launch by defining clear product requirements and prioritizing accordingly, while working closely with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to improve our products.
- Remove blockers for your team and minimize misalignment and risk.
- Perform user research with the design team to deeply understand customers’ problems and needs, as well as market research, and produce analyses and recommendations based on the findings.
- Validate that solutions meet customer needs throughout the product lifecycle by developing, monitoring, and reporting on key success metrics, leveraging data to make iterative decisions and report on company progress towards key goals and metrics.
- Represent the product vision and communicate with the rest of the company and our customers about projects in flight and the team's priorities.
- Work closely with the product team to process customer feedback, answer product questions from across the company, publish announcements and project/roadmap updates.
- Collaborate with our head of product to prioritize the most important projects for the product roadmap.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in product management
- Exceptionally clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, whether in small group discussions, large audience presentations, or with stakeholders and executives.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead teams of engineers, designers, and cross-functional partners to deliver against the roadmap and achieve business outcomes with stakeholders.
- Strong product intuition and UX design sense, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of customers.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with a proven track record of defining metrics and using data and/or qualitative feedback to inform product and strategic decisions.
- A penchant for strong views held loosely. You make the right decision based on the available data and refine it based on new data.
- Ability to manage your time and attention well in the context of remote work.
- Technical aptitude. You might not be an engineer, but you hold your own in conversations about architectural tradeoffs.
- Passions in addition to tech. Maybe you’re an artist or a musician, love to knit or cook, or are obsessed with the outdoors.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, email [email protected] with the subject “Product Manager”. Tell us why you're a good fit for the job in 140 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it).