Helm · Remote - Nationwide
Helm is a team of scientists, designers, engineers, and campaigners with a mission to power civic participation for a more equitable future. Building and sustaining issue-focused movements means meeting communities where they are. And that requires data on people's behaviors, motivations, and environments – not just partisanship or surface-level characteristics. Helm is working with issue advocates and community organizers to equip them with the data and tools they need to mobilize their communities even more effectively.
We are a growing team that values empathy, curiosity, diversity, transparency, and empowerment. So if you're highly motivated and passionate about increasing civic engagement, we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive front end architectural decisions to support services and applications that are maintainable, reliable, and extensible
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills to meet schedule milestones
- Testing and monitoring the frontend application suite for stability and user impact
- Ensure software development adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
- Collaborate with other teams to build shared services that can serve many applications and scale independently
Skills you should have
- 3+ years of Angular 2.x+ development experience
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, patterns, and design
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications
- Experience with unit and functional testing using current industry standards
Skills you could have
- Design experience
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Experience with AWS or GCP application technologies
- Open-source contributions
We know that the best candidates don't always check every box in a job description. Please apply if you are eager to grow professionally and develop your skills!
Helm prioritizes hiring and retaining talent that is passionate about our mission to power civic participation for a more equitable future. In support of that mission, we value diverse perspectives and career experience and prioritize equal pay. We base compensation for most positions on the current market value for those roles in the technology, politics, and advocacy sectors.
The annual salary range for this position is $95,000-$120,000, commensurate with experience. Helm offers a robust benefits package in addition to salary.
Helm is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of representation across all spectrums in its hiring. This includes, but is not limited to: race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, educational background, political affiliation, or any other protected class.
That being said, we are a small company and therefore unable to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time.