Candidly · Remote (USA)
Candidly is an AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform that addresses the full lifecycle of education expenses, from planning and preparing for college, to borrowing and repaying student debt, to saving for a financially sound tomorrow. Candidly empowers people to make simultaneous progress on paying down student debt and building wellness and wealth with micro actions and transactions that transform financial outcomes. Candidly can be delivered as an employee benefit or it can be seamlessly integrated or embedded into a partner's native experience as part of their financial wellness solution. Founded in 2016, Candidly is backed by leading venture capital and strategic investors.
Candidly is seeking a full-time Product Manager to help tackle the student crisis and improve the daily lives of millions of borrowers. The role reports directly to the VP of Product and will be responsible for owning the lifecycle of existing and new products aligned with the roadmap. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a heavy bias for action and shipping the MVP. You thrive in bringing order to the complex and are pragmatic in how you approach your everyday tasks. Our entire team is fully remote and constant collaboration allows us to respond to the ever-changing needs of our users.
Location: Remote (preference for US based)
On any given day, the PM may:
- Write brief/specifications/tickets to get the balling rolling on new projects
- Participate in design reviews, flows, user research, sprint ceremonies, support feedback, collaborate with engineering on work in progress
- Analyze and create KPI dashboards, and gain meaningful insights to drive successful iterations and identify opportunities.
- Test upcoming releases, bug scrub, and prioritize the backlog
- Live in JIRA and break down projects into executable phases/tasks with engineering
- Coordinate on the release management, must have vs fast follow
From time to time
- Participate on strategy and roadmap planning
- Communicate across teams regarding the status of projects and the results post launch
- Competitive analysis and feature breakdowns
- Collaborate with Sales on new opportunities and advise on new client engagement
- Do something that you haven't done before and have fun learning a new skill.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a B2C or B2B software company with 3+ years of experience
- Demonstration with creating product specifications with participating stakeholders to define the MVP.
- Ability to leveraging research and data to create hypotheses into solutions and outcomes
- Work with sales and marketing on the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Open mind and flexibility, new approaches and information are opportunities to evolve original spec into a better experience.
- You are pragmatic and decisive with product development decisions in the context of business realities
What excites us
- Proven track record of launching and iterating on successful products.
- Passion to innovate and invent tomorrow, we are building the future of financial wellness and dare to dream big!
- Acts as an owner and strives to make it better regardless of current role.
- Self-motivated, does not seek perfection but makes improvements to our products, company, and way we work.
- You had or currently have student debt - you understand first hand the problem that we are solving!
- Expertise in FinTech especially within financial wellness
- Experience with A/B testing, funnel & conversion analysis tools
Candidly is remote by design with benefits that support our people's physical, financial and emotional wellbeing. We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), financial wellness, behavioral health and employee lifestyle support programs, life and disability insurance, parental benefits, student loan repayment program and paid time off including 16 hours volunteer time off.
Candidly is a high-growth, VC-backed FinTech startup that’s helping borrowers crush their student debt. We empower borrowers to take control of their debt through personalized recommendations (powered by BI and real data) and automated financial tools that guide them through micro-actions they can take on the platform that will make a huge impact on their debt situation. Whether we’re helping borrowers lower their monthly payments, pay down debt faster, or build savings, Candidly builds a bridge to financial freedom
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.