Scope Zero · San Francisco, CA/Remote (USA)
At Scope Zero, we’re creating a new employee benefit called a carbon savings account (CSA); think HSA, but for home technology and personal transportation upgrades. The CSA serves as an employee-centric corporate sustainability strategy and the platform we’re building links employees, employers, and partner vendors to decarbonize the residential and personal transportation sectors - areas that have historically been difficult to decarbonize.
About the cofounders
- Lizzy has 6-years’ experience in energy- and water-efficient home design
- Kaitlin has 3-years’ experience in tech, including operations at an employee benefit fintech startup
- Met in Stanford’s Sustainable Design and Construction MS program (Jun ‘21, Jun ‘22)
We have been developing our MVP and are launching in the coming months. With our recent funding, we are ready to bring on another engineer to help prepare the Scope Zero product for broader launch and to own development of some of our earliest core features.
Key areas of focus for this role include
- Backend API integrations
- Ledger infrastructure for financial transactions and security
- Front end development based on user feedback and to support new functionality
- Development of partner vendor marketplace
- Creation of internal administrative interface to enable Scope Zero team to support customers effectively
Stack is built on Python with Django framework; Typescript and React frontend.
An ideal candidate would have
- 4+ years experience in web application development with relevant experience in our stack
- Desire to have ownership and responsibility over development of key and core features
- Work experience in an early stage startup
- Passion for decarbonizing the built environment
Nice to haves
- Experience in financial technology development and platform development in a regulated industry
- Based in San Francisco Bay Area (hybrid work setup with 1-3 days per week of in-person collaboration preferred)
Salary and equity considered together as a package.