Software Engineer - Talent Network
Convoy · Remote (USA)
Thanks for trucking on over! We are working to fill our business critical roles at this time so we may not have your exact position open. We don’t want that to stop you from sharing your information with us for future roles though!
Please feel free to submit your resume and contact information through this application. We hope to reach out to you in the near future when we have a position that aligns with your background.
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
- Build delightful and innovative features that make it easier for our customers to run their businesses. Our customers include small trucking companies all the way to large, well known brands who need to ship their products.
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with our operations and business teams.
- Write scalable software that helps us efficiently handle the large amount of shipment volume on our platform. For example, we process millions of dollars of payments.
- Use machine learning to improve our margins or brokerage efficiency. Some of the problems we solve include automating our operations processes, forecasting prices, matching shipments, and personalizing the product experience for our individual customers.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of industry experience building production software
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of technical leadership and driving strategy behind complex projects
- Strong sense of ownership
- Growth mindset and is able to rapidly learn new technologies and concepts to meet the needs of our customers
- General knowledge of both frontend and backend technologies with a good understanding of multi-service architectures
- Ability to help cultivate flexible, diverse and empathetic engineering teams
- Proven track record contributing to recruiting, team building and mentorship of talent across your organization
*Convoy is headquartered in Seattle and has an office in Atlanta. We are also open to hiring remote employees located in any of the following states: Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington.
The salary for this role in the state of Washington is between:
- T4 Software Engineer: $134,000 - $185,000
- T5 Software Engineer: $149,000 - $207,000
- T6 Software Engineer: $164,000 - $232,000
- T7 Software Engineer: $200,000 - $290,000
This range may vary depending on the applicant's location if outside Washington. Hired applicants are also eligible to receive equity grants in the form of either a direct grant of stock or an option to purchase stock in the future for a specified price.
- 100% premium coverage for employee health insurance premiums and 85% premium coverage for dependents
- Health Savings Account with a company match
- Flexible Spending Account Options: Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care
- Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans
- 10 paid holidays per year plus additional Flexible PTO for exempt employees and accrued PTO for non-exempt employees
- Paid Leave Benefits, including a paid Parental Leave program
- Mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra for employees and their dependents
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Family planning benefit through Progyny
- Back up Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
- Participate in a 401K Retirement Plan
- Public transportation and commuter benefits