Product Manager for Democracy
MapLight · Remote
MapLight, an innovative, award-winning nonprofit that builds software to improve democracy, is seeking a Product Manager to join our team. This position is full-time and remote within the U.S.
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to understand their needs and translate those needs into software requirements and specifications.
- Create user stories, wireframes, and other documents to meet client needs.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to manage backlog and schedule engineering tasks.
- Lead meetings about product features and project updates.
- Become a subject matter expert in business domains our products cover, such as campaign finance and lobbying disclosure.
- Minimum two years of product management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to translate feedback into deliverables.
- Client-facing experience.
- Experience and skill in communicating clearly about technical projects.
- A commitment to 100% accuracy.
- Willingness to develop detailed expertise in political influence data, elections data, and other areas of MapLight’s work.
Candidates who are a good fit for this position will be highly organized and enjoy keeping track of details.
Salary & Benefits
This position is full-time and remote within the U.S. The salary for this position is $100,000 to $110,000 depending on experience. This position includes a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation, health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement matching. A four-day schedule (Monday through Thursday) may be possible depending on candidate interest.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Product Manager”. If you have questions or require accommodation in the scheduling, interviewing, or hiring stage, please send us an email at [email protected]
MapLight designs, builds, and operates software and data systems to improve democracy and advance policies in the public interest. We specialize in campaign finance, voter information, government data, and other data-driven applications. We serve governments, nonprofits, and other organizations seeking transparency, accountability, and other positive social impacts.
We believe that everyone deserves an equal voice in our democracy. We support reducing the influence of special interests on government, protecting and strengthening the institutions of democracy, and providing a just society, economy, and environment for everyone. We are nonprofit and nonpartisan.
MapLight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value a diversity of lived experiences and perspectives that will help further the democracy-oriented work we do. As such, MapLight is committed to an inclusive workplace in all aspects of employment operations; from recruiting, hiring, promoting, training and professional development, compensation, benefits, to discipline, and terms of employment. We know that research shows some applicants – more often underrepresented applicants – downplay their skills. If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you can shine in this role, we want to hear from you. Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job!
MapLight does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering U.S. visa sponsorship at this time. Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, LGBTQI+ individuals, folks with disabilities, neuro-diverse people and formerly incarcerated people are highly encouraged to apply.