Software Engineer (Remote)
Coforma · Remote (Within Continental US)
Human Rights & Equality
Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$84000 - $130000 Per YearPosted 2 weeks ago
Coforma is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing, distributed team.
The Software Engineer enjoys tackling complex problems while working with other members of our cross-disciplinary teams to deliver elegant solutions across a full, modern technology stack. If this is you, then you must be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development, and prepared to craft code that is accessible, maintainable, documented, and tested.
At Coforma, Software Engineers work closely with designers, and often participate in research activities to reduce friction and increase understanding and empathy. As such, your passion for articulating how to execute in the pursuit of doing what’s right is a feature, not a bug.
Let’s build software that makes an impact, and let’s ensure the delivery of code that we can be proud to say we worked on together.
$84-130K Base Salary + Benefits + Growth Potential
This is a remote role. When Coronavirus breaks, some travel may be required. Today, due to COVID-19, no travel is anticipated or required.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the product team, government/client stakeholders, and other contractors to build new systems and make improvements to existing systems
- Design and spec out major functionality
- Participate in planning, including breaking down requirements into tasks
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Have an eye on accessibility, always
What you know
- How to build applications using modern client-side frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue.js
- How to deliver application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, and performant
- How and why to deliver polished, easy-to-read, well-documented code; ESList & Prettier a plus
- How to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Scrum/agile development methodologies
What you’ve done
- 2+ years experience working with APIs
- 2+ years experience working with React, Redux, and Node.js
- 2+ years professional experience developing software in a team environment
Team & General Qualifications
- Analytical – analytical skills and an ability to create systems
- Planner – will anticipate what could go wrong when planning and coordinating, thoughtfully mitigating risks
- Organized – will prioritize projects, complete tasks on time, and both document and share processes with others as needed
- Cooperative – will work collaboratively with peers, top executives, and high-level contacts; cooperate with staff across different teams, departments, and expertise
- Communicative – will communicate ideas and create personal relationships through writing and in-person exchange, customizing the delivery to the audience
- Travel flexibility – will attend in-person meetings, workshops, trainings, and more on request and with advance notice as assigned to projects that require it (no more than 5-10%, with health and safety precautions being paramount)
- Calm and nimble – will navigate a fast-paced environment and ambiguity, changing priorities, and unexpected project challenges
- Autonomy – will to get work done fairly self-directed, requiring minimal supervision or direction from others
- Continual learner – is committed to ongoing learning and knowledge sharing
- Brand representative – will represent Coforma professionally and sincerely, modeling the company values to be and help others be collaborative, accessible, empowered, informed, ethical and responsible, values-driven, and transparent for the sake of accountability and community
- Internet – will prioritize and maintain access to strong, reliable internet for the remote nature of our work (except when on vacation/holiday)
- Security – will keep the highest security practices to ensure privacy and security of Coforma and client information given the nature of our work (even when on vacation)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship
- Prior professional services, government, or federal consulting experience
- Experience working on a remote team or remote freelancing
- Operational knowledge of the software development lifecycle, virtual machine environments, and modern DevSecOps
- Hands-on experience with AWS and/or Azure a plus
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
We Don’t Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have GitHub contributions
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
We Do Care About
- Your passions — professional or otherwise
- Your well-informed opinions about technology, teams, and process
The annual salary range for this position is $84,000 – $130,000.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
The stress of job searching can make you wonder if you’re enough. Studies have even shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs when they don’t meet every qualification. We believe that you ARE enough–and that it’s okay not to meet every requirement. We’re building a culture that’s authentic, inclusive, and diverse. If you’re excited to work with us but not sure you check every box, apply anyway! You may be just right for this or another role.