Pulso · Remote (USA)
Pulso is a Latino-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinos through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinos through our innovative Latino history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
The role of Analytics Manager is crucial in an organization devoted to informing and empowering the US Latino community via continuously optimized news, media, and history content.
Here’s what you could expect to do as an Analytics Manager :
- Support team members with understanding Pulso audiences / trends across platforms, developing clear, actionable insights and identifying next steps through in-depth and ad-hoc data analysis and regular reporting that enables data driven decision making.
- Develop, implement and test KPIs that align with Pulso goals across audience growth, audience engagement, revenue and impact.
- Design, build, and maintain key periodic reports, dashboards and analyses.
- Own the design, build, and execution of experiments using lean startup methodologies across a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Podcasts with minimal oversight.
- Design and lead on longer-term projects, such as implementing new processes or tools to support efficiency of data analysis across the team.
- Train team members on data analysis and reporting tools and best practices as needed.
- Participate in experiment design interrogation, execution, and analysis, owning tests and supporting team members with design, QA, and completion of others.
- Collaborate with partner organizations on experiments and data analysis best practices.
- Contribute to organizational development, including being actively involved in the Pulso culture and building relationships with teammates on Pulso and in the Accelerate Change Network.
- Join remote meetings with supervisor, coworkers, and the Pulso team as a whole.
- Embody and communicate the organization's progressive values and commitment to the US Latino community.
- Maintain knowledgeability and understanding of current events, relevant social issues, and evolving technical platform updates.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen skills and learning for platforms and lean startup methodology, participating in individual professional development and team-wide training.
- Participate in internal team building activities, social media, and special date activations.
- Manage time efficiently in order to balance work and life in a way that does not interfere with the ability to complete tasks and participate in necessary meetings.
- Take on additional responsibilities to meet the team's overall needs and objectives, including overseeing temporary contractors as necessary
- At least 4+ years of quantitative analytics experience, ideally in a digital media environment or other user-centric product
- At least one year of leadership experience, with management of direct reports a plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teams to define metrics, identify requirements and solve problems independently.
- Ability to effectively teach and train others in data analysis and visualization best practices.
- Familiarity with key concepts of A/B test design and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, adapting to recurring tasks and ad-hoc needs.
- Effective multitasking.
- $62,000-$72,000 salary range, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as they’re able to join all the necessary meetings and complete all assignments and tasks. Respect for the freedom to work more one day and less the next, with an understanding of the need to work during off hours and on weekends to make up for time spent on balancing job responsibilities and personal life during the week, including parenting and taking care of mental and physical health.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Support with ongoing professional development.
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year.
- 7.5 fully paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.