Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions · Seattle, WA/Remote
Use Your Powers for Good.
We are looking for an individual who has technical know-how, but who is also fascinated by environmental sciences and passionate about using technology for global improvement.
Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, LLC (Four Peaks) is an environmental science and engineering firm helping solve environmental challenges in our rivers, lakes, and oceans. We apply our expertise in data science, aquatic research, water resource management, and regulatory compliance in order to equip our clients with the information they need to make important decisions. Our projects have included work on salmon recovery and Clean Water Act compliance, and we take pride in the positive impact our projects have on our communities.
Our small but mighty Data Solutions team builds the technological scaffolding that supports our environmental research. Specifically, our projects involve developing highly-scalable data management and analytics systems that transform environmental data into readily accessible information to support environmental management decisions.
- System development (50%)—Develop environmental data management systems for a variety of projects focusing on cloud-based architecture, real-time data acquisition, and online data visualization
- Data analysis (30%)—Assist scientific research teams with data mining and analytics
- Existing systems maintenance (20%)—Maintain existing data management systems and web applications including bug fixes, new feature development, and performance tuning
- EITHER a bachelor’s degree in computer science, informatics OR related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proficiency in Python programming language and SQL
- Knowledge of cloud-based architectures and development techniques
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Pandas data manipulation library and Django web development framework
- Experience with a variety of data analytics platforms
- Experience working with spatial data (i.e., GIS)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Any of the following (let's talk): APIs; web-mapping technology; deep learning (PyTorch, Keras); computer vision (OpenCV); containers (Docker); data pipelines using no-code tools (Quickbase) or cloud services (Lambda, Step Functions)
What We Offer
Four Peaks is committed to ensuring a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Through this commitment we hope to positively impact our local, regional, national, and global communities—those same communities in which we operate. We live our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Four Peaks as core values through how we hire, promote, and develop our team. We are determined to pursue these values to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive day-to-day workplace and company culture.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Annual profit and performance-based bonus
- Performance-based incentive compensation
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- 401k program with employer match
- 10 paid holidays and a generous paid time off program
- Cell phone allowance
- Flexible work options (e.g., remote vs. in-person, non-traditional hours)
- Reimbursement for equipping a home office
As we said, we’re small, so we employ a human (not an ATS) to review all our applications. We’d love it if you dropped us a line via a short cover letter and let us know why you think we’d be a great match (aka please don't just bot respond).
Qualified applicants will meet with the Data Solutions team and other members of the company but we don’t require days-long interview marathons. Instead, our process includes posing a thoughtful timeboxed problem task that is similar to what the successful applicant will encounter while working here (no riddles or LeetCode). We think this gives us all realistic expectations.