Tab for a Cause · Remote
As the founding engineer at Tab for a Cause, you’ll change the way GenZ does social impact. This is an incredible opportunity to be an early, foundational leader on a social-good consumer product with real revenue and substantial impact. You’ll take Tab for a Cause from $1.5M raised for nonprofits to $10M and beyond.
As the founding engineer, you’ll shape:
- Our engineering practices and culture
- Product priorities and direction
- The team we build
- The vision of what’s possible
- Own the entire modern, serverless engineering stack from top to bottom: React, Next.js, GraphQL, Lambda, DynamoDB, Redis, and lots of AWS
- Get heads-down in code to ship features that make our users happy and supercharge growth
- Work closely with the CEO to craft broader strategy and company priorities
- Build out and lead the engineering team
- Foster a healthy engineering culture that empowers engineers and balances rapid feature development with code health and app stability
- Enjoy unparalleled autonomy, supportive teammates, and a seat at the table of a startup poised for the next big leap forward
Some traits and skills we value:
- Proven independence: Maybe you’ve founded something, run an OSS project, or built a product from the ground up.
- Full stack engineering prowess: You have a broad understanding of web apps and app architecture. Ideally, you have experience using web services like AWS. What you don’t know, you’re excited to learn quickly as you go.
- Incredibly resourceful with a bias toward action: You’ll get things done.
- Spectacular communicator: You’re able to work seamlessly with engineers, non-engineers, users, designers, investors, …
- Adept at thinking big and small, from company strategy to unit tests.
- Enthusiastic about building a positive, rewarding work environment based on our team’s values: trust, learning, camaraderie, pride, awareness, and purpose.
About Tab for a Cause
Tab for a Cause is the easiest way to do good every day. By lowering the barrier to taking action, we bring new people, particularly younger and less wealthy communities, into philanthropy. To date, Tabbers have raised over $1.5M for nonprofits without spending a cent of their own money—and we are just getting started.
We are building a company that reflects the same values internally that we project externally. We prioritize open dialogue, trust, and learning. We strive to make working at Tab for a Cause rewarding, purposeful, and fun.
Compensation & Benefits
- Equity: 5 – 8%
- Salary: $100,000, increasing with company growth
- Health benefits
- 401k with matching up to 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully remote work with flexible schedule
- Home office reimbursements