Full-Stack Software Engineer
Upswing · Remote (USA)
Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students. Our platform doesn't cost students a thing; the school enlists our help to support their students. We're looking for individuals who care about education and equality of student resources to come join our team!
We're currently partnered with more than 70 colleges throughout the country, where Upswing helps over 700,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working toward the same mission of student success and retention.
As a mission driven organization, we strive to build a community inside Upswing where we are able to live our values to help our students grow and thrive. Our values represent why we do what we do and how we plan on doing it. We hope to build a team that represents these values so that we can all grow together.
- Celebrate Concrete Roses
- Dare to Fly First
- Choose the Harder Right over the Easier Wrong
As a Full-stack Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in our Scrum team to help build new products focused on improving student success through education technologies. Our tight-knit team is lean, so there will be a multitude of opportunities that you can take part in to help you grow professionally from both a technical and leadership perspective.
You are innovative, driven by engineering excellence and create code that is highly maintainable, testable and easily readable by other team members. You have an ability for understanding overall system architecture and making the appropriate design decisions to get the job done. You possess strong problem-solving skills and you are equally able to work on design and implementation as well as troubleshooting root cause analysis.
- You are passionate about technology and are excited about being part of a team that makes a positive social impact in higher education.
- You have a few years of experience in object-oriented, relational database and front-end and back-end programming.
- You have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills without over-thinking and over-engineering.
- You enjoy working in a team-based collaborative environment, are proactive and with a strong sense of ownership.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
The Skills You Need:
- Strong back-end coding skills using C#, .Net Framework and Core, and RPC / REST API development or integration.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases including functions and stored procedures (PostgreSQL experience preferred.)
- Solid understanding of OOP, design patterns and distributed architectures
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership with a constant willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience working on a software engineering team with business stakeholders such as Product Specialists, and other internal stakeholders.
- An ability to translate complicated concepts with many moving parts into a coherent architecture to produce clean, efficient, readable, and maintainable code.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex designs clearly and influence peers and leaders.
- Experience developing and deploying in a cloud environment with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Experience with CI/CD environments.
- Experience upgrading legacy applications to newer technologies.
- Working knowledge of WebRTC and other browser streaming technologies.
- Knowledge of technical integrations using SAML or LDAP frameworks.
- Experience with Mobile Development in addition to Web Applications.
- Higher education and/or EdTech experience.
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Salary: Starting at $95,000(+ DOE)
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person kickoff events annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture