Analyst, Data Reporting
Planned Parenthood · Remote (USA)
Data + Analytics
Health & Well-Being
$83000 - $88000 Per YearPosted 1 week ago
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a dynamic and collaborative Analyst of Data Reporting. This job reports to the Associate Director, Data Reporting in the Data Strategy, Analytics, and Governance (DSAG) department at PPFA. The DSAG team enables data-driven decision making through high quality data, analysis, and tools.
The Analyst contributes to Planned Parenthood’s mission by contributing to and sometimes leading projects that produce actionable data insights and tools for Planned Parenthood’s national office and affiliate stakeholders. As a member of PPFA’s DSAG team, the Analyst will contribute to the full reporting lifecycle from design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of complex reports and data visualizations. They will establish strong relationships among their immediate team and within the department and provide exemplary customer service. They will also establish strong relationships with partners and provide exemplary customer service by understanding stakeholder needs and proposing targeted, sustainable data solutions.
The Analyst will be responsible for the following:
● With supervision, design, develop, test, document, and maintain complex reports and data visualizations using analytical/BI tools such as Tableau Desktop/Server/Prep
● With direction, consult with PPFA national office departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates on data collection, analysis, and reporting to inform programs and business needs; provide technical assistance to create and improve data practices, analyses, and tools
● With direction, analyze operational data to discern trends and provide some recommendations to drive decision-making
● Draft and occasionally deliver reports/presentations to Planned Parenthood national office departments and affiliate organizations
● Support ad-hoc data requests from colleagues across the Federation
● Participate in quality assurance (QA) processes to ensure data products are high quality
● Document data products and systems with direction from others: author wiki articles and internal process documents; develop user-facing guides (written and video)
● Effectively manage program/project files (organize, archive) in alignment with DSAG’s knowledge management practices
● Demonstrate intercultural competence and ensure all work products consider the impacts of the work on multiple communities, including communities of color and individuals with different gender identities and socioeconomic backgrounds
● Convene stakeholders from across the Federation (PPFA, affiliates, and partner organizations) to conceive, plan, and execute analyses related to service delivery
● Pursue relevant proficiencies/certifications where determined by business needs
● Perform other duties as assigned
The Analyst supports a subset of programs/projects that DSAG owns, and the role requires strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for helping others collect, leverage, and interpret data. The Analyst may also support other related programs/projects within DSAG’s workplan. The Analyst will consult regularly with end-users at the PPFA National Office and Planned Parenthood affiliates to develop targeted data solutions that inform operational and strategic decision-making. This role will provide ongoing technical support, education, and mentorship on data tools, analytic methods, and best practices. This position requires a keen ability and desire to communicate, including attending and presenting at cross-divisional meetings/webinars. Due to the consultative nature of the role, the Analyst must have exemplary customer service skills, a positive “can do” attitude, and a demonstrated track record directly helping people design and implement data products and systems. The Analyst will have familiarity and experience working with the population Planned Parenthood serves, including people of different racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, people with different gender identities and individuals with disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
● 3 years of experience in healthcare analysis/business intelligence, public health, statistics, or related area required
● 1 year using SQL and T-SQL (or similar) to develop complex reports required, including experience with:
○ Developing database objects (tables, views, and stored procedures) required
○ Microsoft SQL Server and Management Studio and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience required
○ Use of electronic health records (EHR) reporting databases (NextGen, Epic Clarity/Caboodle, Athena, eCW) strongly preferred
● Knowledge of healthcare data, including work with medical coding (e.g., ICD10, CPT, HCPCS) strongly preferred
● Proficiency with Tableau Desktop required, including experience with:
○ Designing, developing, testing, and complex reports, dashboards, and data visualizations ○ Developing and publishing Tableau data sources using different data connectors
○ Troubleshooting, optimizing, and maintaining complex reports and dashboards, including those developed by others
● At least one Tableau Desktop certification or willingness to become certified within three months of date of hire
● Experience developing written technical documentation required
● Experience with Tableau Server (uploading and using data sources, establishing correct permissions/security) and Tableau Prep (data cleansing, transformation) preferred
● Proficiency with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office suite required; experience with Asana or similar project management tool strongly preferred
● Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency required
● Experience in disaggregating data and considering the impacts on multiple communities, including communities of color, in technical analysis preferred
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills with keen attention to detail and grammar (English fluency) required; ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments required
● Knowledge of and sensitivity to different racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, and people with different gender identities, cultural differences and disabilities
● Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, Master’s degree preferred; combination of professional experience and skills may be considered in lieu of formal/traditional education
Salary range: $83k-$88k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If denoted as NYC, DC, or both, this position is usually located in our New York City or DC office, but is remote while offices remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.