Senior Backend Developer
Common Energy · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet. We are seeking a Senior Backend Developer to be a key member of our engineering team.
As a senior member of a small technical team, you will be directly responsible for building crucial tools for our business, taking ownership over product maintenance and improvement. You should be passionate about our company mission (helping as many people as possible shift to renewable energy!) and eager to ensure that our software enables this goal.
Goals of the role
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of solutions on AWS technology stack.
- Build a platform to scale our solution nationally.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Contribute to our positive, mission-driven culture! You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You will have to be self-motivated and driven in order to succeed.
- You can articulate and document architectural patterns in AWS and how best to implement them.
- You have experience with AWS Lambda serverless computing and architecture.
- You have hands-on experience with S3, Lambda, EventBridge, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, and SNS.
- You can design cloud-based solutions with an understanding of performance and scaling.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively across cross-functional internal teams.
- Focused on delivering value to customers.
Compensation and Other Good Stuff
- Target Range $130,000 - $150,000 including stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and HSA eligible plans
- Generous paid time off
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Learn and work with the best: Our team includes experts across the energy sector!
- One mission, one team, no politics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested parties please send resume to: [email protected]
***Recruiters: Please do not contact Common Energy about this position