Staff Product Manager, Data
Guild Education · Remote (USA)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a seasoned Staff Product Manager to help us develop a world class platform that powers the next generation of data infrastructure in order to support the rapid pace of growth at Guild.
You will be operating as a cross-functional domain leader responsible for scaling one of Guild’s critical service lines. In this role you will drive complex, cross-functional product initiatives critical to the Data Infrastructure at Guild. We are looking for someone that brings together a deep passion and experience working on large data sets with the ability to think critically about current state processes and systems, while looking across the customer value chain to identify and implement product enhancements towards scale, efficiency and accuracy.
As a Staff Product Manager you will:
- Work with internal partners to understand their needs and build key aspects of the Data strategy to support Guild’s growth
- Develop the business case and lead investments in new data product and service features for students, employers, academic providers, and internal users
- Gather business requirements for existing and new features in business systems, using process flows, requirements, user stories, etc.
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking
- Ask questions that help the team continuously improve our speed, accuracy and service quality outcomes
- Set service standards, define critical metrics, and ensure team and individual accountability
- Analyze data to derive internal and external insights
- Ensure the highest degree of accuracy and compliance for individual requests against each employer’s policy
- Coordinate with Data, Engineering, Analytics, and Business leaders to solve problems and raise issues quickly
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in product management or a similar function; 3+ years in a B2B space especially surrounding managing Data.
- Strong analytical abilities with experience defining success and validation strategies for data systems and products.
- Strong product proficiency – be comfortable defining strategy, designing solutions to multi-product team challenges, and working across partners to ensure effective and timely execution.
- Strong technical proficiency – be effective at using your technical depth and the voice of the customer to partner with and earn trust of a world-class Engineering organization.
- A demonstrated track record of working independently to drive outstanding business results, especially under conditions of ambiguity, high growth, and change.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $180,000 - $221,250, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.