Product Manager - Verification Platform
Running Tide · Remote (USA)
$155,000 - $175,000 Per YearPosted 3 weeks ago
User Experience Design (UX)
The ocean is critical to human and planetary health —but ocean health is in rapid and accelerating decline. We believe that we have the responsibility —and ability —to act.
Running Tide is a global ocean health company. Our fast-growing, multidisciplinary teams of world-class scientists, engineers, and maritime operators, design and implement interventions that rebalance Earth’s carbon cycle, decarbonize global supply chains, restore marine ecosystems, and revitalize coastal communities. Our corporate operations, business development, communications, and policy teams support Running Tide’s front-line workers in scaling our interventions to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges: restoring ocean health and combating climate change.
As the first Product Manager at Running Tide, you will own the end-to-end lifecycle of the product from conceptualization, validation with partners and customers, defining and managing the API, UX, and UI based features for our Verification Platform, and ultimately overseeing its launch in partnership with our commercial and R&D teams.
The Verification Platform allows our customers and partners to access our verification approach - and the associated models and records - behind each intervention. In this role, you will be responsible for working across our software, ocean modeling, substrate development, macroalgae, and hardware teams to develop these methodologies and demonstrate the work driving each credit, receiving and providing inputs as needed during various stages of the product development lifecycle. You will focus on delivering scalable, reliable, and efficient user experiences that provide assurance of the net positive impact of our interventions. You will play a key role in building credibility around carbon removal and ecosystem restoration.
You will be part of the Product team which sits at the core of our organization and is tasked with building the infrastructure behind Running Tide’s interventions, credit quantification, and credit delivery. This role reports to the VP of Product and is a remote-first role with travel to Running Tide’s offices and customer locations.
- Own and maintain Running Tide’s Verification Platform roadmap and ensure continual alignment with the broader company goals.
- Develop, refine, and ensure effective prioritization of requirements and use-cases that detail goals, user workflows, tooling needs, data sources, and modeling objectives and constraints.
- Bring market intelligence to product conceptualization and positioning discussions.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on new product and feature rollouts.
- Encourage research and data explorations that have the potential to inform our broader verification strategy.
- Develop and disseminate standards and best practices for ensuring reproducibility and transparency in computational work.
- Work with strategic partners to source feedback and ensure products are meeting established requirements.
- Oversee the curation of documentation and other technical writing.
- Guide data, analysis, and engineering efforts in alignment with our verification goals.
You Are (or You Have):
- Shipped products that users rave about at scale.
- Experience in a relevant subject matter domain, including but not limited to, the voluntary carbon market, FinTech compliance, geospatial analysis, or remote sensing.
- Interest in building the product team culture from the ground up.
- Experience with conducting product discovery and defining user stories.
- Extreme attention to detail, and a high bar for product excellence.
- Experience with agile software development processes.
- Comfort with analytics to set product metrics.
- An entrepreneurial approach to decision-making and prioritization that combines evidence-based rigor with the pragmatism to move forward based on incomplete information.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- Experience building compliance focused products and services is a strong plus but not required.
- A data science background and comfort using R or similar language is a strong plus but not required.
Expected Compensation Range: $155,00-175,000 USD annually + equity, dependent on experience
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Our teams operate with utmost persistence. We are tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems, and we are unwavering in our motivation to find a solution. At our core, we are innovators driven to do "more good" rather than "less bad" in the world.
Running Tide is committed to building a diverse team, bringing as many possible perspectives to bear on the unprecedented challenges facing our planet. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds can come to do their best work.
All offers of employment at Running Tide are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.