Lead Software Engineer - Social Impact
ShoppingGives · Remote (USA)
Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Come build with us!
Here is a peek into the day to day of a "Lead Software Engineer."
- Act as a high-performing contributor, delivering top-quality code that meets business and user needs and adheres to best practices in software engineering.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to junior engineers, helping them to develop their skills and grow as professionals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at ShoppingGives to define product strategy and roadmaps, ensuring that technical considerations are integrated into the planning process and that software is delivered in a timely manner that brings value to the market.
- Lead the development of full stack features and functionality, using cloud native technologies and frameworks to deliver robust and scalable solutions that adhere to best practices in code quality and security.
- Model a positive and productive engineering culture at ShoppingGives, fostering collaboration, communication, and continuous learning among team members.
- And a good amount of the things in the “What you bring to the team” section below… so keep reading!
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- Want to contribute and have a voice at the company that just beat Google and Adobe for “Best Emerging Technology” at the 2021 Codie Awards?
- Desire to use your brilliant engineering skills to implement not just good products but products that do good?
- Thrive in environments where accountability is prioritized and would love to own the output for a whole team?
- Invest in tomorrow, today, by fixing tomorrow’s problems, yesterday?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field
- A passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date on the latest developments in software engineering
- A strong understanding of software architecture and design principles, and the ability to develop and maintain complex software systems
- Experience with cloud-native technologies and a strong understanding of best practices in code quality, security, and deployment
- Expertise in full-stack development, with a deep understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies and frameworks
- Extensive experience in software engineering, with a proven track record of delivering high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with marketing technology and the specific needs and challenges of building software for the marketing domain
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor other engineers, and to work effectively with cross-functional team
- Bring a good amount of the stuff listed in our definition of an Lead Software Engineer (above)
Let's be transparent: This job isn't for everyone.
- Our mission drives our team to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business. We must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented Lead Software Engineer. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Create Impact through everyday actions.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- - You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- - The pay for this role is $140k - $165k annually
- - This role is Chicago or US based remote only
- +++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- - 401k, medical, dental,
- - Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- - We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- - You'll create every day. We're around 35 people - so you'll have influence
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.