Data Analyst I
UnitedWeDream · Remote (USA)
United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to make their voices heard and win victories so that all people can live free and thrive. We recruit, support, engage and empower young people and are creating a new generation of social justice leaders to change our world.
Our powerful network is made up of over 720,000 members, 100+ local groups across 28 states, and we reach over 5 million people online every month. We celebrate our diversity and believe in multi-ethnic, multi-racial, inter-generational intersectional solutions. Over 60% of our members are women and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. United We Dream is a fast-paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Today, United We Dream is arguably the most influential immigrant rights organization in the nation and a leading driver of progressive politics and strategy. Our brand is known around the world and we are proud to be driven by the hopes, dreams, decisions, and brilliance of directly impacted young people.
Learn more about United We Dream by visiting www.unitedwedream.org.
At United We Dream (UWD), technology and data play a big role in achieving our goals of dignity for our families and undocumented people across the country. We’re looking for a visionary team member to join the UWD team with an understanding of grassroots organizing who loves data and whose attitude to technological limitations is: “let’s find a solution.”
Reporting to UWD’s Data and Tech Director, and working with UWD’s internal departments, the Data Analyst I will be responsible for supporting and contributing to UWD’s organizational improvement by providing data-driven insights related to our work and developing strategies for improvements and future initiatives. The Data Analyst I uses statistical methods, modeling, analytical methodologies, and data analysis and models to inform and support decision-making guided by UWD’s strategic goals and programmatic work.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage data for social good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of those most impacted by unjust immigration policies.. The ideal candidate must be committed to fighting for freedom and dignity for all communities of color, are reliable, and committed to meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, all while working collaboratively across our teams.
This is a full-time remote position. Although not required, a major plus if you are multilingual.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Data Analytics and Support:
- Collaborate with with select key staff in support of their identified analytics needs to help develop strategic insights and inform strategies that enhance political action and donor/member experience with UWD
- Develop and maintain data routines, processes, reports, queries and extracts that facilitate workflows for teams across UWD as directed by the Director of Data and Technology
- Summarize results and prepare stake-holder focused reports and presentations
- Train non-data and tech staff staff, affiliates, members and volunteers in using data reporting tools and other relevant tools
- Maintain weekly check-ins with the Director of Data and Technology and provide status of data projects, general accomplishments and problems encountered
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of policies and procedures relating to UWD’s membership tools and databases as directed by the Director of Data and Technology
- Assist with the development of technical requirements and data specifications as directed by the Director of Data and Technology
- Work with other members of the Data and Technology team and other staff to develop business intelligence solutions that collect, store and facilitate data analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Provide input on current approaches and recommend improvements
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for the mission: We believe that those closest to the pain are the closest to the solutions, therefore you must be committed to UWD being an immigrant youth-led organization at the national and local level.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience as a data analyst, preferably in membership driven, movement-building, and/or social service nonprofit organizations or consulting firms serving these organizations.
- Experience in using SQL to manage and query databases (e.g. Postgres, Civis, redshift, etc.) and writing Python scripts (preferred)
- Ability to create reports and communicate findings in a clear, concise manner and explain data concepts to staff and stakeholders with limited experience if needed
- Familiarity with ActionNetwork, ActBlue, Periscope and other digital tools.
- Good problem-solving skills, communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and a curiosity mindset
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with United We Dream colleagues, members, affiliates, and external stakeholders.
- Promote Culture of Safety and Security: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and Security; communicates safety and security concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
As UWD is a remote-first workplace, this is a full-time, remote position. Once UWD determines it is safe to do so, you may be required to travel occasionally to DC or elsewhere, for internal team meetings, UWD retreats, and UWD events as required for this position.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. United We Dream offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, retirement plans, and life insurance.
Base pay range: $62,000 - $72,000 annually
- Employees who have completed less than 3 years of service with United We Dream: 10 Vacation days per year
- Employees who have completed at least 3 years of service with United We Dream: 15 Vacation days per year
- Paid Time Off Holiday between December 24th - January 1st.
- 12 Paid holidays
- 3% 403(B) employer discretionary contribution
- 12 weeks of paid family leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision/ life coverage + dependents
- $120 Reimbursement included cell service/data and utilities monthly
- $500 Reimbursement for office supplies working from home annually
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, at least one analysis report example through our career website https://unitedwedream.org/about/careers/. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or disability.