Staff Software Engineer - Data Integrations
Afresh Technologies · San Francisco, CA/Remote
Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
About the role
You’ll be a key member of our integrations engineering team. You will contribute to the success of the overall team by directly mentoring junior engineers and by building automation and processes to make the team more efficient. Your priorities will be:
- Support more junior engineers in their technical development
- Be an escalation point for integrations engineering work taking on more complex, technically challenging, or urgent tasks
- Identify and implement quick turnaround projects that at will immediately reduce toil for Integrations Engineering Team, Customer Support Team, or Solutions Architects
Skills and experience
- Motivated by: helping others succeed and grow, seeing what you’ve built be immediately in use and making others lives easier, driving business value
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to work with stakeholders to identify both high-tech and low-tech solutions and choose the solution appropriate to the problem
- Be an active stakeholder in engineering tools discussions and help us build and design for future growth
- Able to use SQL and python proficiently and evangelize best practices. Spark experience a plus, SRE experience a plus
- Dedication to code quality, testing, design processes, automation, and operational excellence
The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.