Switchboard · Washington, DC
Most campaigns and allied organizations don’t have any data practitioners on staff, and to date there has been no centralized source of digital data for organizations to turn to for evidence-based best practices. At Switchboard, we have the potential to change that by extracting meaningful insights and recommendations from the vast amount of digital data our products generate from our customers’ outreach efforts, and working alongside our customers to make it easy to incorporate those insights into their programs and ultimately win more elections.
As Switchboard’s first Data Scientist, you’ll drive this process with cross-functional partners from the ground up, building both explicit recommendations that can be delivered to customers directly at scale, and incorporating learnings into our own growing suite of products so our customers are more effective by default. You’ll also systematically analyze how our tools themselves are used, and work with our development team to drive improvements that make our customers happier and more efficient when using the product in their daily work, and shed light on opportunities for future growth.
- Designing tools that will help campaigns and organizations run more efficient and effective digital programs through evidence and experimentation.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to ensure that data storage and collection processes are conducive to Switchboard’s long-term goals while respecting campaign ownership of their data.
- Using statistical techniques to identify, analyze, and interpret data when appropriate.
- Building meaningful visualizations and reports for both internal and external use.
- Helping establish and contribute to a positive team culture.
- 3+ years experience working hands-on with data using tools such as R, Python, and SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Operate with humility–understanding both the promise and the limitations of what data can tell us–and empathy–particularly for our customers in high pressure situations managing a variety of priorities and stakeholders.
- Comfortable taking on projects in new areas for them, learning quickly to develop the expertise and execute on those projects with a high degree of independence, often needing to make decisions without perfect information.
- Experience working for campaigns or other demonstrated interest in the ecosystem is helpful but not required.
- $140k-$205k annual salary and an equity grant depending on experience
- Switchboard covers 100% of health, dental, and vision coverage for employees and 75% for dependents
- 21 days of paid time off plus federal holidays
- Unlimited sick leave
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for parents of any gender, including adoptive parents
- 401(K) match with immediate vesting
We believe the best products and companies are built by diverse teams where everyone’s perspectives are heard and respected. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+, women, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. Even if you’re not sure if the role is a good fit, please apply!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job.