Associate Software Engineer
MissionWired · Washington, DC/Remote (US)
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$55,000 - $75,000 Per YearPosted 3 weeks ago
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join us in improving online fundraising through our AdvantageAI product. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good.
You’ll join an engineering team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Data Driven: We are committed to using the power of data to support important causes.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go!
You will be responsible for:
- Writing production-level software code;
- Analyzing, debugging, testing, and optimizing software in an agile, cloud-based environment;
- Working with a team of data scientists and data engineers to enhance efficiency and robustness of production software; and
- Implementing and advocating for code quality best practices.
- Proficiency with Python;
- Experience with software development;
- Experience structuring complex code for efficiency;
- Strong grasp of software design principles; and
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud services.
- Experience with data and database systems;
- Working knowledge of big data tools such as Apache Spark; and
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science.
Salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!