Full Stack Engineer for Social Good
Give Lively · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
(Although we love bootcamps, those who recently graduated from one are not ideal candidates for this role. If you're a few years into your engineering career, please read on)
At Give Lively, we build better fundraising tech for nonprofits and give it away for free.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Give Lively, you'll develop and iterate on products that drastically improve the online giving experience for donors and help nonprofits raise more for their cause. You'll have the opportunity to use a variety of tech to develop consumer-facing products and services that make giving easier, frequent, and enjoyable. You'll join a stable, funded, growing organization with an agile process and solid product foundation.
If you're exhausted by work in a large company where you don't feel ownership, or a small startup with a short runway — or you simply want to align yourself with work that is more congruent with your values — please apply.
What You'll Work On:
You'll work to enhance and evolve our current product offerings, as well as help us experiment and deliver products to a market hungry for new ways to do good.
You'll get a chance to work on our core Giving API, a Ruby on Rails-based API that is flexible enough to power Small Token, our other giving experiments, and more.
What We Value in a Full Stack Engineer:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or senior-level practical expertise in both client-side and server-side programming
- Senior-level experience in building and releasing consumer-facing web-based products, APIs, and apps
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Frontend experience in HTML, CSS, and responsive design techniques
- A team player with experience working with other engineers and product managers
- A passion towards a philanthropic mission
- A passion for building the best products for users
- Energy and a hearty helping of self-motivation
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and pair programming is desired
What We Use To Do Our Work:
- Ruby on Rails powers our services
- ReactJS powers our frontend user experiences
- Bootstrap 4 powers those experiences so they look and work great across devices
- CloudFront, Heroku, Postgres, TeamCity CI, Git, Macbook Pro help us get product delivered to the public in a timely and efficient manner
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary: we are fully funded and compensate accordingly
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision benefits-- you don’t pay a monthly premium, we cover it 100%
- 401k benefits including a 75% match of all your contributions, vested Day 1.
- Bonus potential
- PTO/Paid Sick Days/Paid Holidays
- Work/life balance, focused on a sustainable workload
- An experience you’ll love and the knowledge you're doing better for yourself and the world
- The chance to make an impact with a highly motivated, talented, and fast-growing team
What You Will Not Experience:
We are not a large corporation with a history of legacy and bureaucracy, nor a startup wondering whether it will exist beyond the next six months. We are a fully funded organization with competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays, and more. We have a solid development process and a talented team. We do not seek profit, so you won't compromise your values to do work that means something.
Give Lively is an Equal Opportunity Employer.