Tidepool · Remote (USA)
As a User Researcher, you will collaborate with the product and design team to conduct user research from recruitment to insight analysis. This role is a 6-month temporary full-time position. We are looking for a researcher to start in February 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Tidepool’s product/design team and external partners to take ownership over upcoming research initiatives, including exploratory interviews, formative usability testing, and Human Factors research, across our two product lines Tidepool’s Data Management Platform and Tidepool Loop.
- Conduct research with both patients and healthcare professionals to develop actionable insights for product improvements to ensure our products are safe and effective.
- Support research at every stage of the process including: recruitment, screener development, scheduling, moderation, and the analysis and presentation of user insights.
- Work with Tidepool’s marketing team and external partners to continue to build out and refine a recruitment pipeline for clinicians, persons with Type 1 diabetes and caregivers.
- Plan and execute use error analyses and root cause probing and other required regulatory HF/UE work.
Qualifications: - A strong portfolio that demonstrates a broad knowledge of and experience with research methods spanning from deep qualitative studies to quick usability tests to Human Factors research. - Specific experience conducting Human Factors research with medical devices and in regulated environments in design and development. - Experience designing and conducting both remote and in-person research studies with a wide variety of tools including Zoom, Lookback, etc.
- Experience partnering with other research-related modalities (e.g. Behavioral Science, Market Research) to tell a larger insights story. - Experience mentoring other user researchers and product designers, and enjoy providing mentorship to others. - Willingness to travel for in-person usability testing sessions. - 5+ years of user research experience. - Highly organized and able to work efficiently across simultaneous projects in different stages of development.
- Working knowledge of Type 1 diabetes therapy, clinical data and competitive diabetes products.
- MA/MS or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology or a related field.
Salary: This is a six-month temporary full-time position (February through August 2023). The salary range is $60,000-$78,000 for the six-month role. Due to the nature of being a short-term role, this is a benefits-ineligible position.
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We do ask that you have empathy for chronic conditions and you are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position. You’ll be working from home and interacting with a team of colleagues that works around the world. To learn more about working at Tidepool, including our compensation philosophy, organizational culture, and approach to inclusion and diversity, visit this blog post and review Tidepool's open-source Tidepool Employee Handbook
If you're interested, please apply here.