Senior Technical Product Manager, TechOps
Flatiron Health · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a technology and science community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We’re looking for a senior technical product manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
You will help the TechOps Organization accelerate our ability to learn from the experience of every patient by scaling teams’ ability to deliver value that our customers can trust. TechOps provides Flatiron’s engineering teams with fast, maintainable, reliable and secure capabilities to continuously evolve Flatiron’s products. You will own the roadmap and strategic direction for Flatiron’s operational environment, among other platforms. Our platform products are a crucial component of engineering at Flatiron and contribute to the evolution of care for cancer patients.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of DevOps engineers, SREs and security engineers to build a vision, strategy and roadmap for platforms at Flatiron. In addition, you'll also:
- Own prioritization, on-time delivery, communicate trade-offs, and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Manage and drive distributed software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Work closely with Flatiron product managers, engineers, site reliability engineers and security engineers to gather product feedback and requirements
- Communicate and evangelize the capabilities and value of Flatiron’s platform services to engineering and business stakeholders
Who You Are
You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition, you're a product manager with 4+ years of experience in developer experience, data processing, or systems development environments. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You have BA/BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have strong project management skills and can move fluidly between technical capabilities, partner needs, user experience, and the ability to go deep into the details.
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- You have a willingness to dive deep into the subject matter and become a cloud architecture expert
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills like spec-writing with a clear ability to break down complex technical problems into smaller, manageable pieces
- You are highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines
- You have a genuine interest in technology and new industry trends
Job Compensation Range
Salary Range: US$ 161.850,00 - US$ 228.150,00
Preferred Primary Location: NYC Headquarters
The annual pay range reflected above for this position is based on the preferred primary location of the role which is listed in the job description. Salary ranges for other locations vary from the range reflected above. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual bonus and equity may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.