Girls Who Code · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Human Rights & Equality
$88,000 - $124,000 Per YearPosted 2 weeks ago
Girls Who Code is an international nonprofit organization working to close the gender gap in technology, and leading the movement to inspire, educate, and equip students who identify as girls or nonbinary with the computing skills needed to pursue 21st century opportunities. Our organization does more than teach girls to code; we’re building a global movement to change culture and challenge systems that have kept girls out of technology. Nearly ten years in, Girls Who Code is a major voice in the fight for gender equality and a thought leader in creating a more fair and equitable society and economy.
Girls Who Code has been named one of the Best Non Profits to Work For and is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace environment that allows employees to be engaged, productive and successful.
What we are looking for: We are looking for someone equally passionate about diversifying the future of tech and software product development to be the next Girls Who Code Product Manager. The Product Manager will work with the Technology Team to oversee the development and optimization of Girls Who Code-operated products. These products are integral to serving our teachers and students at scale.
As Product Manager, you’ll be a strategic partner in helping the organization make decisions to deliver impact through our products. You will work cross-functionally with our teams to lead design, development, and support efforts. At times this job requires user research and basic design skills. You will need to be a creative and enthusiastic problem solver, eager to roll up your sleeves to support a scaling organization intent on delivering programmatic value and improving organizational processes.
This full-time position may be based in New York City or Remote.
Salary $88,000 - $124,000
Responsibilities: Product Management
- Be the end-to-end owner of the product; define the customer experience, manage the business case, identify value propositions, and build out the product requirements.
- Translate business requirements and organizational needs into an actionable roadmap that you maintain and manage.
- Apply careful prioritization of new features in alignment with strategic goals and organizational priorities.
- Influence key stakeholders across our organization to align on intent and prioritization.
- Draft strategy and development updates for teams and leadership.
- Collaborate with the Research and Analytics team to glean actionable insights from quantitative research and conduct user research as needed.
- Solve large, complex problems by developing innovative and creative solutions that address user needs and align with broader product strategy.
- Produce wireframes, visual designs, and clear, thorough written specifications for feature functionality and user flows (may also coordinate with external design support).
- Lead developers using agile methodology – sprint planning, design reviews, retrospectives, and daily standups to ensure the completion of planned work.
- Anticipate, identify, and communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders, including the executive leadership team and programs team representatives.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to ensure the timely delivery of the highest needed features.
- Manage product support team members.
- Measure the impact of launched projects and use results to impact future priorities.
- Pull and analyze data as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, applicable professional experience
- Minimum 4 years work experience
- 2-3 years relevant work experience (product management or a combination of product design and project management roles or expertise)
- Track record of delivering high-quality, efficient, creative solutions to challenging, real-world problems
- Experience working with complex software systems that leverage multiple integrations
- A keen understanding of usability best practices
- Great people skills and a proven track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written communication skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Empathy, and a genuine desire to solve our customer’s problems
- A fast learner with natural curiosity and a hunger for learning more
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.