Cognitive ToyBox · New York, NY
About the job
We are seeking our first backend developer to support our mission in helping every child start school ready to succeed. The backend developer would work closely with our game developer and our CTO to build best-in-class edtech tools to make early childhood teachers’ lives easier and help the youngest learners thrive.
- Evaluating, optimizing and maintaining our database architecture and systems
- Extending our web backend and web APIs for our core assessment product
- Supporting our data science efforts through data pulls and bulk report iteration and automation
- 3 years comparable experience in software development with Programming languages or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in: Python, SQL/PostgreSQL and database design principles
- Familiarity designing, implementing and/or integrating REST APIs
- Familiarity with AWS services: Lambda, API Gateway
- Familiarity with AWS serverless services, OAuth
- Experience integrating 3rd party services
- System Administration experience for non-user facing utilities and systems
- Interest in edtech and start-ups is a plus!