Senior Software Engineer
Candid · Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Washington, DC.; or Williamsburg, VA)
Candid is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team that oversee the design and implementation of .NET core application that is responsible for Candid’s data processing pipeline. The ideal candidate should have experience in managing the entire software development life-cycle from concept design through to implementation and application maintenance.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Reporting to: Software Engineering Manager
Schedule: 35-hour work week, Monday through Friday
Location: Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Washington D.C.; or Williamsburg, VA)
Pay Range: $125,000 – $140,000 (compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location)
Benefits: Health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), Retirement contribution with additional option for match, Company paid Life Insurance & AD&D, Paid leave time (PTO, Bereavement, Volunteer, Holiday, Parental), Short-term and Long-term disability, Pre-tax Transit, FSA
As a member of the Candid Data System team, the Senior Software Engineer will take part in designing, building, and ensuring the quality and security of Candid’s data processing pipeline. The Senior Software Engineer will also work with product owners and other parties to ensure pipeline components and features are developed to specifications, maintain and enhance existing processing processes, and provide technical guidance and knowledge to team members to help them complete tasks on time.
- Consulting with product owners to determine application requirements.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing .NET applications.
- Analyzing system requirements and delegating development tasks.
- Developing technical specifications.
- Writing scalable code for .NET software applications.
- Reviewing and debugging .NET applications.
- Providing support for other developers.
- Deploying functional websites, programs, and applications.
- Drafting software and application operating procedures.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details.
- Proactive self-starter who is results oriented.
- Ability to learn quickly, function with limited supervision but ask for help when needed, solve issues, and stay in close communication with functional teams.
- Flexible and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
- Motivated and self-driven learner.
- Team-focused and proactive attitude.
- Cares about customer outcomes.
- Able to accurately assess and solve problems.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- College degree in engineering or other related fields strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of designing and maintaining .NET applications.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles.
- Strong knowledge of .NET C#.
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS or Azure preferred).
- Experience using NoSQL databases (MongoDb, DynamoDb, etc.).
- Experience using SQL databases (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience using ElasticSearch.
- Experience developing applications using serverless technologies.
- Proficient in JIRA and other project management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Scrum Agile Experience.
- Knowledge of DevOps (TeamCity or Azure DevOps).
- Developing applications utilizing AWS services.
- AWS Certifications.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants, we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is a qualifying nonprofit organization as defined by the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. As such, Candid employees may claim their employment time on their PSLF application.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.