Data Application Manager at Equal Justice Works
Good Insight · Washington, DC
Data Application Manager at Equal Justice Works
Status: Full-time - Exempt
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Salary: $80,000 to $85,000
Location: Hybrid; Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Apply by February 17th for best consideration. Early applications are encouraged.
ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE WORKS
Equal Justice Works is the nation’s largest facilitator of opportunities in public interest law. We achieve this through creating Fellowship programs for lawyers and community organizers, hosting the largest national public interest law career fair, advocating for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and supporting law students pursuing public interest law careers.
We bring together an extensive community of law schools, law students, lawyers, community organizers, legal services organizations, and supporters to promote a lifelong commitment to public service and equal justice. Following their Fellowships, more than 85% of our Fellows remain in public service positions, continuing to pursue equal justice for under-resourced communities across the country.
Equal Justice Works looks to continue its strong record of championing economic security and long-standing legal protections. Under the direct supervision of the IT Director, this position serves as the data application manager and database administrator for EJW’s primary business applications. This would include from initial database architecture design through implementation, administration, monitoring, tuning, backup, migration, and support. This person will also work with the IT Director to develop, maintain, and administer database end-user training and support, as well as oversee governance of policies & procedures.
The incumbent will be responsible for the integration of systems and the development of business intelligence dashboards. They will support the management and administration of SQL server databases such as CRM and other business applications. They will also work collaboratively with staff, senior leadership, consultants, and service providers to manage the successful implementation and management of all database services, systems, and applications. This is a full-time, exempt position, based at the Corporate Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Hybrid/work-from-home position.
Ensure the continual functioning of mission-critical database implementation and administration, with an emphasis on leading the translation of business requirements into solutions. The responsibilities of the Data Application Manager include the following:
- Manage EJW staff utilization of CRM database, including identifying ways to use CRM to support core business functions and write standard operating procedures that outline EJW’s specific use. This includes:
- Manage and modify CRM DB import/export procedures with external data sources as the lead internal expert.
- Maintain, modify and test disaster recovery procedures for CRM.
- Support CRM web modules
- Oversee third-party critical business applications, such as EJW’s grant management system, event management, career fair, etc.
- Maintain system configurations and customizations, including workflows, modern flows, form & field customization, and system views & dashboards
- Monitor data integrity of the production and the test databases
- Research new modules and add-on programs and make recommendations when appropriate
- Liaison with vendors, if required, on design enhancements or database modifications to meet new business needs
- Manage system functionality testing and quality assurance
- Maintain database administration and maintenance on core business applications used by EJW, including but not limited to developing, running, and monitoring nightly stored procedures, scripts, and/or triggers, etc.
- Establish, schedule, and implement system upgrades and/or enhancements on core business applications
- Manage database integration; develop and maintain documentation
- Perform timely analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex database issues
- Provide technical consulting in identifying, implementing, and supporting new database functionality
- Design, create and modify reports and reporting dashboards for staff using both CRM and PowerBI
- Identify (key) data collection needs and maximize utilization of data
- Evaluate technology to recommend improvements to services and systems policies and procedures
- Assess and implement procedures to ensure data integrity within core business applications.
- Establish and maintain system documentation on core business applications
- Provide user support on help desk requests related to business applications
- Manage open issues list on system functionality bugs and work with vendors to resolve
- Establish EJW data entry standards, train staff on procedures, and monitor compliance
- Proactively follow and actively promote all department policies and procedures and conduct yourself within the framework of EJW’s Core Values
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALITIES
- No less than 5 years of experience in Information Technology, with 3 or more years in ERP software implementation, Project Management, Requirements Planning, and Business Analysis
- Significant experience in SQL database administration, utilities, and tools
- In-depth knowledge of PowerBI or similar business intelligence tools required
- Strong experience with source code management, branching, merge strategy, and tools (GIT, Bit Bucket, Azure Repos, etc.)
- Advanced level of SSRS Report writing with Fetch XML
- Experience with application logging, tracing, performance monitoring, and tools
- Technological proficiency, including SQL security, backup, and recovery procedures; database design, validation, operating systems, database maintenance and reporting; and MS Office applications.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Ability to manage laterally and upwards, as well as, develop strong service-oriented relationships with staff across all levels, geographies, backgrounds, and lived experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed, with a process-focused aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent years of relevant professional experience
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Certification certificates preferred
The salary range is $80,000 to $85,000 based on experience. 14 days of annual vacation leave; additional paid holiday leave the week between Christmas and the New Year; 16 weeks of paid parental leave for those w/EJW 6 months or more; excellent medical and dental insurance with Equal Justice Works paying 100% for employee premiums and 75% for dependent premiums; and a $1000 professional development stipend per year.
Good Insight, a national nonprofit executive search firm headquartered in Washington, DC, is assisting with this search. Visit www.good-insight.org/careers to upload application materials. Confidential references and inquiries about the role may be directed to Kessa Thompson at [email protected].
For best consideration, applications should be received by February 17, 2023. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter that describe their interest in and qualifications for this role, emphasizing their leadership experiences. Qualified applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged due to the pace of the search.
BACKGROUND AND REFERENCE CHECKS
Finalists for this position will be required to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background and reference check as a condition of employment.
Equal Justice Works is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. This employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, stretch and kneel for long periods of time; frequently required to talk, hear, and use repetitive hand motions; and should possess the ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30 pounds unassisted.
As a condition of this position, which is required to work at the Equal Justice Works office, and as a part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and visitors, Equal Justice Works is requiring all employees that work in the Equal Justice Works office to receive an FDA-authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Justice Works is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and encourages people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply. Contact Kessa Thompson ([email protected]) to request reasonable accommodation for this application process.