Green River · Remote
Green River Project Managers are critical team members who work with our clients to facilitate information-sharing and decision-making; elicit and define software needs; and help our team navigate scope, timeline, and budget constraints. We care deeply about our clients' success, and are transparent and forthright in our operations and communications. We need you to be knowledgeable of processes for developing web applications, and adept at project management tools that support an Agile approach. You should love to create and sustain structure, yet be thoughtful, adaptable, and non-dogmatic in your approach. We look especially for team members who truly believe in working to make the world a better place, and who bring a grounded professionalism appropriate to the scale of our projects.
Incorporated in 2000, Green River is a 35 person custom web application development firm with a strong engineering focus and dedication to “software and analytics for a better world.” Our company enjoys a collaborative atmosphere, and we have exceptionally long-term relationships with both staff and clients. We are a remote company, with staff across North America, and have a corporate office in Brattleboro, Vermont.
We’re looking for a positive team member who will…
- Facilitate discovery sessions with the client to gather and document requirements
- Document scope, effort and priority of each deliverable for the client
- Incorporate UX/Design, engineering and data analysis into the discovery process
- Participate in creating a development plan and reviewing the plan with the client
- Enter each deliverable in our internal work tracking system and ensure it has sufficient detail that it may be assigned to a member of the development team with a clear understanding of scope and effort
- Organize deliverables into software releases in support of the development plan
- Track and communicate progress on software releases with the client in a manner that reinforces project vision and strategies
- Alert clients when deliverables in the development plan cannot meet schedule, scope, or cost constraints, and propose changes to the plan to correct such discrepancies
- Participate in the testing of all software releases to ensure client expectations are met with respect to designs and specifications
- Gather and document feedback from the review of deliverables by the client and discuss how best to include the feedback into the development plan
- Create and maintain an effective working environment that seeks to maximize team performance through goal setting
Skills and experience:
- 3-5 years project management or analyst experience in an agile-like software development environment
- Strong understanding of web application development
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, facilitation, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Establish clear expectations for a team and provide constructive feedback to members regarding contributions
- Comfort with change and innovation
Some things people love about working at Green River:
- Creative team who value a workplace where you can learn and laugh
- Long-term relationships with smart, engaged clients
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance coverage, 6 weeks of paid time off, and retirement benefits.
To be considered for this position, please click apply ro submit your cover letter and résumé.